Valuation and Band Charges
The amount we charge you in council tax is based on the value of your home. The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) estimated the sale price of your home as if it had it been sold on 1 April 1991. The value of your home was then placed into a group (or band) of other similar valued properties.
All new homes are still valued as if they had existed and been sold on 1 April 1991. If you are moving into a new property, tell us you are moving and we will inform the VOA for you.
The valuation band into which your property has been placed will determine how much council tax you pay.
Your home has been placed into one of eight bands. The 1991 values are shown in the table below:
|Valuation Band||Range of Property Values (as at 1 April 1991)|
|A||Up to and including £40,000|
|B||£40,001 to £52,000|
|C||£52,001 to £68,000|
|D||£68,001 to £88,000|
|E||£88,001 to £120,000|
|F||£120,001 to £160,000|
|G||£160,001 to £320,000|
|H||More than £320,001|
Your council tax bill will show in which band your home has been valued. If you want to know the valuation band of other properties, please go to the VOA website and enter the address.
The percentage increase in council tax from last year, is shown on your bill.
View the full council tax charge including parish precept:
- Council tax charge per band 2016 [pdf] 13KB
- Council tax charges per band 2016 [xlsx] 13KB
- Parish precepts 2016 [pdf] 225KB
- Parish precepts 2016 [xlsx] 16KB
- Council tax bandings 2015 [pdf] 47KB
- Council tax bandings 2015 [xlsx] 14KB
- Parish expenditure and precepts 2015 [pdf] 48KB
- Parish expenditure and precepts 2015 [xlsx] 18KB
- Total council tax 2014-15 band and charges [pdf] 67KB
- Total council tax 2014-15 band and charges [xlsx] 14KB
- 2014 Parish charges [pdf] 48KB
- 2014-2015 Parish precepts [xls] 1MB