Emergency telephone 6pm–8am: 01233 629 911

Central Government: Ashford Borough Council

Central Government

Parliament plays an essential role in the way the UK is governed.  It is where politicians meet to examine and challenge the work of the government, to debate and to pass laws.

  • Find out more about UK Parliament. This website explains how parliament works and allows you to find your MP.
  • Direct Gov provides links to a range of government information and services.  You can also book a driving test, tax your car, renew your passport, find out about child safety, parental leave, special educational needs and lots more.
  • Number-10's ‘Guide to Government’ includes an introduction to what each government department does, who their ministers are and their responsibilities.

Members of Parliament (MP)

There are two Members of Parliament that cover the borough area, these are split into the Ashford constituency and the Folkestone and Hythe constituency and the areas covered are detailed below.

Ashford, Tenterden and the surrounding villages excluding those within the Saxon Shore Ward are represented in Parliament by Damian Green MP.

Ashford Constituency

Damian Green MP
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
Tel: 020 7219 3911
Fax: 020 7219 0904


Damian Green MP
Constituency Office
Hardy House
Bethersden TN26 3AG
Tel: 01233 820454
Fax: 01233 820111

The Saxon Shore Ward is represented in Parliament by Damian Collins MP.

Folkestone and Hythe Constituency

Which includes the following villages in Ashford:


Damian Collins MP

House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
Tel: 020 7219 3000


Damian Collins MP

Folkestone and Hythe Conservative Association

4 West Cliff Gardens
Kent CT20 1SP

Tel: 01303 253524

South East Region - Members of the European Parliament (MEPs)

In Europe, Ashford's interests are represented by the 10 MEPs of the South East European Parliamentary Constituency.  Information to help you decide who to contact and how to get in touch can be found on the UK Office of the European Parliament.

Kent and Medway Police and Crime Panel

Published reports and recommendations from the Kent and Medway Police and Crime Panel can be found on the Kent County Council website.

Central Government Department Websites


Engagement Excellence Awards Logo

We would like to place cookies on your computer to make your experience of our website faster and more convenient. To find out more, please refer to our privacy policy . If you do not choose to accept cookies, some parts of this site may not work properly.

Please choose a setting: