Most council decisions are made by committees of elected members which meet regularly.
Major policy decisions are taken by the Cabinet, which is made up of the council Leader and nine Cabinet members. The Cabinet is appointed by the Leader of the council. Each member of the Cabinet has their own special responsibility, or portfolio.
The Cabinet has to make decisions which are in line with the council's overall policies and budget. If it wishes to make a decision which is outside the budget or policy framework then it must be referred to the full council to decide.
The public are welcome to attend the following meetings:
- Appeals Committee
- Appointments Committee
- Audit Committee
- Joint Transportation Board
- Licensing Health and Safety Committee
- Licensing Sub Committee
- Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Planning Committee
- Selection and Constitutional Review Committee
- Standards Committee
You can also....
- View a full list of committees
- View the committee diary
- Find out how to speak at a public meeting
- Find out about filming and recording at public meetings
Ashford Health and Wellbeing Board
Trading and Enterprise Board (Committee of the Cabinet)
The Trading and Enterprise Board (TEB) is a committee of the Cabinet.