Designated blue badge parking bays are available on street and in Ashford Borough Council car parks for European blue badge holders.
Disabled blue badge holders can park free of charge for up to three hours in Ashford Borough Council car parks. The blue badge and clock displaying the time of arrival should be displayed. Always check the tariff notice boards in the car parks for further information.
For more information about the blue badge scheme view the Kent County Council website or telephone 03000 41 62 62.
On-street disabled persons parking bays
Disabled residents within the borough who have limited mobility and regularly experience difficulty in parking close to their home, can apply for installation of an on-street disabled persons parking bay. These parking bays can only be provided for the purposes of preventing or relieving traffic congestion.
If you wish to apply for a disabled persons parking bay, you must meet the following criteria in order for your application to be considered:
- You must be the holder of a valid Disabled Persons Blue Badge
- The vehicle you want to park in the bay must be registered at your address
- You must be the main driver of the vehicle, or the main driver must reside with you
- You must be have no access to any private off-street parking (such as a garage or driveway)
- You must regularly experience difficulty parking within close proximity of their home
- You must be in receipt of, or entitled to claim, one of either:
- The Standard or Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with a score of at least 8 points from the 'Moving Around' descriptor
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- The Attendance Allowance (at either the Lower or Higher Rate)
- The War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
Applications made on behalf of children can only be accepted under exceptional circumstances. There is no charge for applications or installation of a bay (if successful).
Application form and notes
For more information about on-street disabled persons parking bays please contact us on 01233 330694.
Shopmobility (Ashford town centre)
Wheelchairs and electric powered scooters are available for hire at Shopmobility Ashford, which is located in County Square Shopping Centre, blue car park, Level 1, Ashford.
For more information about the Shopmobility Ashford and hire costs, telephone 01233 650063, or visit the County Square, Ashford website (under heading 'Shopper Information').