Emergency telephone 6pm–8am: 01233 629 911

Gambling Act Premises Licences: Ashford Borough Council

Gambling Act Premises Licences

A premises licence issued under the Gambling Act 2005 is required for any premises which offers premises-based gambling.

A premises licence is required for the following types of premises:

  • casino
  • bingo hall
  • betting shop
  • betting (track) - sporting venues not just tracks
  • amusement arcade (for adults only, or where adult machines are provided)

Every premises that requires a premises licence will also need an operator’s licence. Many will also require personal licences, though there are some exemptions for small operators. Applications for operator and personal licences will need to be made to the Gambling Commission.

Licensing Authority and Responsible Authorities [pdf] 174KB.


Download our Gambling Act Licensing Fees 2017-18 [pdf] 60KB.

Application forms


Contact us

Email the Licensing team.


Engagement Excellence Awards Logo

We would like to place cookies on your computer to make your experience of our website faster and more convenient. To find out more, please refer to our privacy policy . If you do not choose to accept cookies, some parts of this site may not work properly.

Please choose a setting: