If you operate as a hairdresser within the borough of Ashford you must be registered. There is no fee but a registration form [pdf] 34KB must be completed.
The purpose of the registration is to ensure the following:
- The premises is suitable
- That controls are in place in relation to protecting against contamination or infection
- Ensuring appropriate health and safety standards are in place
- To require insurance to be in place against third party liabilities
- Freelance Hair and Beauty Federation
- The Hair Council
- National Hairdressers' Federation
- Read about dermatitis on the Health and Safety Executive Website
- HSE Hairdressing Guidance
If you have any queries contact environmental health firstname.lastname@example.org.