You will have to pay a fee to apply for most types of planning permission
You must pay your fee when you make your application. Your application will not be processed until we have received the correct fee.
Planning application fees are currently set nationally. See the full schedule of fees in our planning fees 2012 [pdf] 164KB.
Problems calculating your fees
The Planning Portal fee calculator can help you by working out the cost of any particular planning application.
How to pay
- Online at the Planning Portal
- By telephone using your credit/debit card and quoting your planning application number and address for your application
- In person at the Civic Centre, Ashford or by post. Please make your cheques and postal orders payable to Ashford Borough Council with a reference to the application on the back
- Further information is on our Pay page
Exceptions and exemptions from planning fees
Some types of planning applications are exempt from a fee. No fee is needed for the following types of application:
- Listed building consent
- Conservation area consent
- Works to trees covered by a Tree Preservation Order or in a Conservation Area
You can find more information by downloading our planning fees 2012 [pdf] 164KB.
Contact us if you need help calculating your fee.