Emergency Telephone Weekends: 01233 629 911

Home: Ashford Borough Council

Reporting a Planning Breach

If you want to complain about a breach of planning control you can contact the Development Management team. Your name will not be released to anybody else - the identity of a complainant is kept confidential. In certain cases you may be asked to assist us by providing evidence at an appeal or in court. Before this happens the case officer will ask for your consent.

Anonymous complaints will not be investigated.

How to make a complaint


To make a complaint and to report an alleged planning breach, please complete the report a planning breach form which will reach us quickly and save paper.

By email

You can email planning enforcement. This is useful if you want to send us photographs or other documents. These can be sent separately if you have completed the online form.

By letter

Development Management Team
Ashford Borough Council
Civic Centre
Kent TN23 1PL


01233 331111

What happens after I complain?

We will write to confirm that we have registered your complaint and to let you know the name and contact number of the case officer investigating it. Whilst we try and do this as soon as is reasonably possible, please be aware that this may take up to 7 working days. 
Further information is available in our what happens after I have complained leaflet [pdf] 1MB.

We need as much information as possible about the works or activities, in some cases you may be asked to keep a written diary of events. Further information is available on our How can I help? page.

We will investigate your complaint and decide if a breach of planning control has occurred. You will be informed of the results of the investigation.

Note: Questions marked by * are mandatory