Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The SCI 2013 was adopted on 18 October and provides details of how the planning department will consult with members of the public and other organisations, on most planning related matters. This includes Local Plans which set out overall policies for the borough and allocate land for development, supplementary planning guidance (SPD) produced by the council and planning applications received by the council.
The planning department is committed to ensuring that everyone is able to comment on plans that may have an impact on them. To do this we propose to:
- Seek people’s views as early as possible
- Have consultations available online and in hard copy
- Involve all members of the community regardless of gender, faith, race, disability, sexuality, age, social deprivation or rural isolation
- Keep people informed of future stages of consultation
- Produce clear, concise documents and avoid jargon where possible
- Hold public exhibitions/workshops where appropriate
- This document details how we intend to achieve these objectives, who we plan to consult with, and how we will do it
Current and future public consultations
A consultation portal has been launched which will enable residents, businesses and others to have their say on key planning issues and future developments in Ashford.
View consultations and register on the Consultation Portal.
A consultation on proposed 'Main Changes' to the New Local Plan to 2030 is being held until 31 August 2017. As part of this consultation, the council has produced a consultation statement, outlining the details of all the public consultation events undertaken between 2012 and 2017, and how feedback has been taken into consideration during local plan 2030 preparation.