Ashford town centre display areas
For promotional purposes there are two display areas [pdf] 66KB available for hire in Ashford town centre.
Upper High Street
- adjacent to TN24 8SE
- The area is available to hire 7 days per week
- 10m x 10m* narrowing to 7.5m (*obstruction with lighting column in centre of this area, hence small trailers /displays only).
- Power available through 3 x 16 amp commando sockets from bandstand platform.
- Small trailers, branded gazebo or similar.
- No vehicles are allowed to display in this area.
- Brick built bandstand with canopy cover.
Lower High Street
adjacent to TN24 8TD [pdf] 665KB.
- 7.5m x 32m.
- Power available through 2 x 16 amp commando sockets (accessed via box on the side of fountain power unit casing).
- Vehicles / trailers accepted – available Sunday, Monday, Wednesday (non market days).
- Access to the town is via Bank Street.
- The town centre is pedestrianised from:
- 10.30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
- 08:00 to 18:00 on Saturdays
- No restrictions on a Sunday
Trailers can be off loaded on a Sunday evening, subject to ensuring your own security arrangements are in place.
There is access for vehicles to load and unload only, which can be made by prior arrangement. Vehicles wishing to remain on site in the lower High Street will need to apply for a vehicle waiver at a cost of £30. Trailers do not need a waiver.
If you wish to hire the display areas in Ashford town centre, please get in touch with the Licensing team. Bookings for the following year can be taken from 1 September.
After checking availability with the licensing team, complete an application to hire town centre display areas [pdf] 803KB. On receipt of the application form, along with appropriate public liability insurance, completed risk assessment and correct fee, the booking will be confirmed.
- £200 per Saturday
- £150 per week day and Sunday
- £600 for 5 days Monday to Friday
- £750 for 6 days Monday to Saturday
- £900 for 7 days Monday to Sunday
Small local business
- £50 per week day and Sunday
- £75 per Saturday
- Registered charity / community group or political parties - no charge.
- Special rates are available for long term bookings and for local businesses - please contact the Licensing team for details.
Please note that a Distributing Free Literature permit is required to hand out printed material.
Can the display area be used for commercial purposes?
Yes but charges apply – see above.
|What can I use the bandstand for?||
The actual bandstand can only be used for musical performances. The area in front of it (outside the pound shop) can be used for commercial and charity displays.
What do I need to do to book the display area?
Email the Licensing team to check if the date is free and to make the booking. Once the date is confirmed by licensing, complete an application form, risk assessment and provide public liability insurance and fee as applicable.
|What size is the display area?||
10m x 10m narrowing to 7.5m.
What is the postcode of the display area?