Ashford Monitoring Centre
Ashford Borough Council has a state-of-the-art CCTV monitoring centre, the Ashford Monitoring Centre, which provides remote CCTV monitoring to both public spaces and private businesses.
We currently monitor CCTV town centre cameras in Ashford, Tenterden, Folkestone, Hythe and Dymchurch, in addition to which, we monitor private CCTV systems for tourist attractions, business parks, schools and housing schemes.
We have been looking after the people of Ashford for over 25 years and our CCTV system plays a major role in detecting and deterring crime and antisocial behaviour, as well as improving the safety and security of residents, visitors and the wider business community.
Alongside the town centre CCTV is the Town Net radio systems of Ashford and Folkestone, which link shops, pubs and clubs, all of which can call us for assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As part of the system we have access to the police radio and can contact Kent Police at a moment’s notice.
Remote CCTV Monitoring
From our CCTV centre we can monitor your premises every second of the day, giving you total peace of mind that your property is protected at all times.
Our CCTV monitoring services are available on either a short or long-term basis, no matter where your property is located.
Our secure and self-sufficient remote CCTV centre is staffed by a dedicated team of highly-trained CCTV operatives who are all licensed by the Security Industry Association.
Remote verification and audio warnings
When sites have integrated public address systems, the staff at Ashford Monitoring Centre are able to remotely warn trespassers that CCTV is recording their activities and that the relevant authorities will be notified unless they leave the site immediately.
These live audio warnings are a proven defence against trespassers and significantly reduce future intrusions. This leads to a reduction in vandalism, theft and other site disruption.
Why should you consider CCTV Monitoring?
- Complete protection for people and property
- Instant visual verification of what is happening at site (for example, visual verification of a fire in order that the Fire Brigade can be alerted)
- Direct audio links with your site to deter criminals and identify authorised personnel
- Works in conjunction with a monitored intruder system for maximum protection
- Footage can be used as evidence in legal proceedings
- Reduces insurance premiums
- CCTV monitoring is far cheaper and safer than on-site security or patrols
Why use the Ashford CCTV Monitoring Centre?
- The AMC is a dedicated, purpose-built monitoring station in a self-contained, bomb-proof, flood-proof building
- We provide a friendly and professional service with the customer at the centre of everything we do
- Independent CCTV monitoring with the security of Local Authority back-up and support
- Fully Licenced SIA Operators - all operators hold current Security Industry Authority licences
- CCTV system uptime – we will let you know if there are any issues with your CCTV system or any camera views, for example if a camera becomes obstructed or poorly lit
- Optional regular reporting providing you with comprehensive information about the activities and any action taken
- All our CCTV systems are monitored under the strictest guidelines and regulations. Our Code of Practice [docx] 230KB outlines our control room management and operation policies
Get monitored now
If you already have cameras on site, connecting to our CCTV Monitoring Centre may be a very simple process with no additional equipment required.
To find out if we can support your existing CCTV set-up, or for advice on upgrading, call our experts now on 01233 642095.
Call 01233 642095 or email the CCTV team.