What is Ashford Applause?
Do you know someone who has made a substantial contribution to your community? Someone who has enriched the lives of others? Someone who has done something remarkable to help people during these challenging times?
We want to recognise and illustrate the wonderful contribution people are making to the community in the borough of Ashford during the ongoing Coronavirus crisis. That is why Ashford Borough Council and Loveashford are launching the Ashford Applause.
Nominations are open to all individuals, whether it's a dedicated key worker on the frontline, a selfless volunteer delivering food parcels or an outstanding neighbour collecting shopping and prescriptions or cooking meals for others in their area.
If you know someone who deserves to be recognised then please complete our make an Ashford Applause nomination form. As part of the application process, you will be asked to upload a photograph of the person you are nominating.
Applications will also be accepted by letter. Simply post your nomination to: Loveashford Team, Economic Development, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford TN23 1PL.
Each week until the start of August, we will select a community champion at random from the list of entries received. Their story will be showcased on this website, the Loveashford website and on our social media channels. We will praise and recognise their hard work in the community.
In addition to that, recipients of an Ashford Applause will also receive:
- a personalised digital portrait, hand drawn by a local artist;
- a story that is published on this website and Ashford Borough Council's social media channels;
- a full feature on Loveashford's website and social media channels.
Your community champion will be announced on the Ashford Borough Council Facebook and Loveashford Facebook pages every Thursday. This ties in with the national Clap for Carers campaign – providing the chance to give the winners a big Ashford Applause at the same time!
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Only residents that live within the Ashford borough may be nominated.
- Nominees and nominators must be aged 18 or over.
- Multiple applications for the same nominee will be made void.
- Nominators will be asked to upload a good quality photograph of the person they are nominating.
- Successful applicants will be contacted and not all applications will be successful.
- If successful, an Ashford Borough Council employee will contact the nominee for permission to share any sensitive information.
- Ashford Borough Council staff are permitted to nominate, but not be nominated for an Ashford Applause themselves.
- Nominations close at 12am on Monday 3 August and any applications received after this will not be counted.