Here to help you!
Our Welfare Intervention Officers work to support people who need help with welfare reform changes. They can give you practical advice and refer you to specialist organisations who can help you with specific finance queries or help returning to work. They can also help with the following issues:
- Council Tax advice, including Council Tax debt advice
- Claiming Council Tax reduction or housing benefit
- Claiming Discretionary Housing Payments or Council Tax Exceptional Hardship Payments
- General housing advice, including advice regarding rent arrears
- Referrals for homelessness advice
- General advice around all welfare reform, such as the benefit cap, Universal Credit and other benefit changes
If you're feeling overwhelmed by any of these issues or are struggling to deal with them by yourself then we're here to help. To get in touch with the team send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would rather seek help and support from an organisation that is independent from the council you can contact
Ashford Borough Citizens Advice
For those who are experiencing exceptional pressures or a major emergency, help is available in the form of Kent County Council's Support and Assistance Services for home essentials. You can find out more about the service and complete an online application form.