Our Employment & Support Advisor is on hand to help you with your job searching via email. If you would like some job searching help (such as templates, tips and advice) please email email@example.com* with your query and contact details and we will get in touch with you.
*Your email address will be securely held by the Job Club team part of Ashford Borough Council and used only to send job searching information. Processing is being conducted under a consensual legal basis and you can opt out at any time by replying 'unsubscribe' to any correspondence received. For more information please see our privacy notice.
Job Club staff can assist with:
- Online job searching.
- Creating email accounts.
- Registering with online job sites such as Universal Jobsmatch, Indeed, Jobs in Kent, etc.
- Updating CVs.
- Completing applications forms.
- Careers advice.
- Interview skills and techniques.
- Any other job searching activities.
The Job Club also works closely with:
- The Volunteer Centre.
- National Careers Service.
- Skills Plus.
- Ashford Borough Council's Welfare Intervention Team.
The Job Club is an initiative set up and run in conjunction with Ashford Borough Council, Southern Housing Group and Ashford Gateway Plus, with the assistance of a volunteer provided by the Volunteer Centre. It is a free service open to all.
Job Application Tips
How to Prepare for a Video Interview
Some interviews are being held virtually, here are some tips to prepare:
- Test your technology.
- Keep your virtual identity professional.
- Dress smartly.
- Be mindful of your body language.
- Ensure there are no distractions.
- Practice answers to common interview questions.
- Don't forget to follow up.
If you are applying for jobs then see our job application form guidance [pdf] 593KB
If you are looking for work in the care sector then you may find the example CV and covering letter useful for your applications:
Some food stores are currently hiring new staff – please check individual supermarket/store websites for further information. Please find below a sample CV and covering letter for applying for supermarket work:
We also have guidance to help those looking for admin roles:
If you are a school leaver then you may find the example CV and covering letter below useful for your applications: