The Job Club remains closed.
Our Employment & Support Advisor is on hand to help you with your job searching via email. If you would like some job searching help (such as templates, tips and advice) please email email@example.com* with your query and contact details and we will get in touch with you.
*Your email address will be securely held by the Job Club team part of Ashford Borough Council and used only to send job searching information. Processing is being conducted under a consensual legal basis and you can opt out at any time by replying 'unsubscribe' to any correspondence received. For more information please see our privacy notice.
Job Club staff can assist with:
- Online job searching
- Creating email accounts
- Registering with online job sites such as Universal Jobsmatch, Indeed, Jobs in Kent, etc.
- Updating CVs
- Completing applications forms
- Careers advice
- Interview skills and techniques
- Any other job searching activities
The Job Club also works closely with:
- The Volunteer Centre
- National Careers Service
- Skills Plus
- Ashford Borough Council's Welfare Intervention Team
The Job Club is an initiative set up and run in conjunction with Ashford Borough Council, Southern Housing Group and Ashford Gateway Plus, with the assistance of a volunteer provided by the Volunteer Centre. It is a free service open to all.
Redundancy and the next step
Have you been/are you being made redundant? Here are some steps you can take to help you on your journey back to employment:
- Ensure your CV/covering letters are up to date. The Job Club will be happy to take a look at your CV and covering letters and provide any advice necessary. Please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Look at transferrable skills, customer service skills, working under pressure and to tight deadlines, prioritising workloads are all transferrable skills.
- Learning new skills/improving current skills – there are various online courses available, these include the Kent Adult Education website, the Future Learn website and the National Careers Government website.
Should you require any assistance/advice on your job searching please email the Job Club who will be happy to assist you.
Please contact the Welfare Intervention Officers if you:
- Are experiencing Financial Hardship
- Have Debts that you cannot afford to pay
- Don’t know which benefits to apply for
- Cannot pay your rent/have rent arrears
- Cannot pay your council tax/have council tax arrears
Contact the Welfare Intervention Officers at email@example.com
Job Application Tips
If you are applying for jobs then see our job application form guidance [pdf] 593KB
If you are looking for work in the care sector then you may find the example CV and covering letter useful for your applications:
Some food stores are currently hiring new staff – please check individual supermarket/store websites for further information. Please find below a sample CV and covering letter for applying for supermarket work:
We also have guidance to help those looking for admin roles:
If you are a school leaver then you may find the example CV and covering letter below useful for your applications: