Community Governance Review 2022
Notice of a Community Governance Review
We are carrying out a Community Governance Review to consider if any changes are needed to the current parish/town/community council arrangements.
A Community Governance Review is the process used to consider whether existing parish arrangements should be changed in any way, including:
- The naming of parishes and the style of new parish/town/community councils;
- The electoral arrangements for parish/town/community councils including:
- the ordinary year of elections;
- council size, the number of councillors to be elected to the council; and
- the warding (if any) of the parish/town/community councils;
- Grouping parishes under a common parish council or de-grouping parishes;
- Creating, merging, altering or abolishing parish/town/community councils.
We want to hear from local residents and organisations that are within the area covered by the review.
The Council will consider all feedback before final recommendations are published.
The review will be undertaken as set out in the Terms of Reference and the deadline for representations is Monday 27 June 2022.
We encourage all interested parties to let us know what they think about existing parish, town and community council arrangements and if there are any changes they would like to see.
You can email your views and comments to email@example.com or send them in writing to: Community Governance Review, Electoral Services, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, Kent TN23 1PL.
Dated 25 April 2022