Council Tax Coronavirus Advice
If your income has been affected by the Coronavirus outbreak, and you are unable to pay your council tax, there are several options:
- If your savings are below £10,000 (£16,000 for pensioners) you may be entitled to Council Tax Reduction. To estimate your entitlement visit the Entitled To website.
- If you do qualify for help towards paying your Council Tax you can claim online.
- If your savings are above £10,000, or you don't qualify for Council Tax Reduction, but your income has dropped or you are experiencing cash flow problems you can contact us to discuss your instalments. For example, if you don't already have your instalments spread into February and March 2022, this can be considered.
- To discuss your Council Tax instalments please email the revenues team.
- If you are still struggling to make payments during this time you can make an application for an Exceptional Circumstances Payment. You don't need to qualify for Council Tax Reduction to make a claim for Exceptional Circumstances Payment.
- If you would like to talk through your options our Welfare Intervention Officers can help.
Page 1 of 2
Also in this section