Entire Borough of Ashford Volunteer Groups
Not sure what ward you live in? Find out your ward using your postcode.
The following voluntary and community groups are active in the whole Borough of Ashford and are helping residents in the area.
- Services for older people and their carers.
Telephone: 01233 668765
Social channels: Age UK Ashford Facebook group
- We are a registered charity, objective is to conserve and display model railways to display to the public and the community.
Telephone: 07874 980652
Website: AIMREC website
- Support for people in emotional distress including those who may be suicidal.
Telephone: 116 123
Website: Samaritans website
- Community project.
Telephone: 01233 756647
- Our aim is to break down barriers, reduce social isolation, increase community integration, remove stigma and improve services for all age groups. We work with individuals and groups from the BAME and wider community to improve their health and well-being, enhance social, cultural and economic inclusion and support community cohesion.
- Ashford BME Association works to ensure that marginalised communities have a voice around social and health issues that affect them and make a big impact on their lives and how they engage with the wider community.
Website: Ashford BME Association website
- Collect and display to the public items of historical interest relating to Ashford.
Telephone: 07546 930659
Website: Ashford Museum website
- Provide free, independent, confidential, impartial advice and information to residents of the Ashford borough to help overcome the problems they face. This can include issues such as benefits, debt, employment, housing, relationships and immigration.
Telephone: 01233 626185
Website: Ashford Citizens Advice website
- We are a Registered Charity (No:1169322). Our counsellors are volunteers. We aim to provide affordable counselling.
Telephone: 01233 610083
Telephone: 07976 894904
- Lions are a registered charity who volunteer their time to help, local, national and international people in need. Our local Ashford Lions Club started in 2014, with a small group of dedicated members. It continues to run with a small group of regular participants who give their time to support the local community.
Telephone: 0844 963 2469
Website: Ashford Lions Club website
- The Ashford Mediation Service is a registered charity that provides free confidential and impartial mediation services to the residents of the Borough of Ashford who are experiencing conflict with others.
- We help people who are in dispute with their neighbours over noise, parking disputes, boundary disputes, general harassment, and anti social and abusive behaviour.
- We also provide mediation services between parents and their children (over 7 years of age), between relatives, and for child access disputes.
Telephone: 07845 914838
- Ashford Street Pastors operates under a licence agreement from Ascension Trust and we aim to deliver public benefit by training individuals so they can provide relevant, informed and pastoral interaction in our society. We support vulnerable people in need and promote crime prevention and social integration.
Website: Ashford Street Pastors website
- We provide support to families and individuals across Ashford referred to us from a number of different sources. Our compassion projects include Storehouse (providing clothes and equipment for babies and children), Foodbank, Dress for Success (providing smart clothes for job interviews and other occasions) and Mummy's Meals (delivering hot meals to families who are going through a difficult situation).
Telephone: 01233 331919
Website: Ashford Vineyard Church website
- We provide a range of services, training opportunities and a friendly volunteer service.
- We help those who wish to volunteer to find opportunities, and support local organisations who wish to find volunteers.
Telephone: 01233 665535
Website: Ashford Volunteer Centre website
- Provide early years care and education to children and their families and run a community café.
Telephone: 03000 412950
Website: Beaver Community Trust website
- Person-centred befriending service for adults aged 18 plus living with a mild-moderate learning disabilities.
- Service includes: telephone service, video via Whatsapp or Zoom. Face-face is available with COVID-19 guidelines i.e. face mask, social distancing and disclaimer.
Telephone: 07977 696658
Website: Belive website
- Our vision is a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. We raise money to research cures and treatments, so we can beat heartbreak forever.
Telephone: 07384 464563
Website: British Heart Foundation website
- Canterbury Oast Trust (COT) is a dynamic and forward-thinking charitable trust set up in the mid-1980s by a pioneering group of parents.
- Today we support adults with learning disabilities across Kent and East Sussex to live independently and take control of their lives.
Telephone: 01233 861493 ext 279
Website: Canterbury Oast Trust website
- We help minority-led groups campaign.
Telephone: 01782 266712
- CROP provides a volunteer-led home visiting advocacy, information, advice and guidance service to people over the age of 55 years, within Kent. At CROP we make the process simple, working with an older person to navigate through the myriad of systems and fill in the appropriate forms.
- We ensure an older person has knowledge of their rights and entitlements and to stay well, self-manage their own affairs, remain independent and feel less lonely and isolated.
- CROP also provide a Telephone Befriending Service for Older People over the age of 65.
Telephone: 01622 851200
Website: CROP website
- We sell preloved/second-hand furniture, electrical items, clothing and bric-a-brac with the aim to raise money for people with Epidermolysis Bullosa which is a group of genetic skin conditions that cause the skin to blister and tear at the slightest touch.
Telephone: 01233 630091
Website: Debra website
- The Freedom Project is a free fostering service for dogs belonging to people fleeing from domestic abuse.
Telephone: 0800 298 9199
Website: Dogs Trust website
- Provision of Ashford Baby Memorial Garden, as well as other baby memorial gardens in East Kent. Raising awareness of baby loss and the support available.
Telephone: 07511 021636
- Redistribution of surplus food to those in need throughout Kent.
Telephone: 01233 500477
Website: FareShare Kent website
- Youth services resources.
- Prevent glaucoma sight loss. Raise awareness, campaign, give support to people with glaucoma and those who care for them, fund research into glaucoma.
Telephone: 01233 648164
Website: Glaucoma UK website
- GEECO is a social enterprise that advocates positive environmental change. We create literary scripts to make a healthier planet.
Telephone: 07471 876649
Website: Green Eyes of Ecology website
- We are the independent champion for people who use health and social care services. We are here to make sure that those running services, and the government, put people at the heart of care.
Telephone: 07761 528692
Website: Healthwatch Kent website
- Bereavement support for children and families in Kent.
Telephone: 03445 611 511
Website: Holding On Letting Go website
- We support families with children under five who are going through their most challenging times. We aim to support and empower parents and carers in these vital early years.
Telephone: 01233 647209
Website: Home-Start Ashford website
- We are a church but we also aim to reach out to the those in need, whether locally or abroad.
Telephone: 01233 340194
Website: ICM Ashford website
- We deliver a range of services and projects; supporting independence, reducing social isolation and creating opportunities, for some of the most vulnerable in our communities.
Telephone: 01892 530330
Website: Imago Community website
- IAPT provider, we offer free NHS talking therapy in Kent, offering goal focused therapy for clients aged 17+ who may have symptoms of a common mental health problem, such as anxiety and depression.
Telephone: 0300 555 5555
Website: Insight Healthcare website
- We manage two community outreach projects: Kent Education Centre and Ashford Arts Centre. We provide access to arts-based education to people of all ages and abilities. We enable people to study at their own pace and earn qualifications to move into further education or a new career.
Telephone: 07510 037656
- Supporting sight impaired people to live independent lives.
- Supporting those living with visual impairments and their families.
Telephone: 01227 763366
- We are a well-respected specialist provider of services for young people and adults with autism and have a passion for people on the spectrum.
Telephone: 01634 405168
Website: Kent Autistic Trust website
- We work with young refugee and asylum seekers (RAS) who are striving to live fulfilled, independent and successful lives in our communities.
Website: Kent Refugee Action Network website
- Kent Wildlife Trust is the county’s leading conservation charity. They manage and protect over 9000 acres of land across more than 80 different sites and nature reserves, alongside three visitor centres.
Telephone: 01622 662012
Website: Kent Wildlife Trust website
- Trained volunteers can help people living with cancer, and provide free, practical emotional and companionship support. Volunteers are able to visit at home, meet in a public place or support over the phone.
Telephone: 0345 956 701
Website: Macmillan Crossroads website
- Provides youth advocacy and volunteer befriending services to looked after children and vulnerable adults.
- Supporting those affected by Parkinson's disease.
Telephone: 0344 225 3735
Website: Parkinson's UK website
- Our mission is to inspire young people to be free through being active in the countryside. We develop young people’s health and wellbeing by offering outdoor opportunities to get active with farming and horticulture learning experiences, focusing on where food comes from.
- We prioritise helping inner-city young people or those who don’t normally have access to the countryside. We concentrate on building strong communities around us to advance our mission. We work with others on a landscape scale to conserve and enhance the ancient woodland and traditional meadows.
Telephone: 01233 808707
Website: Pearce Coggan Foundation website
- Raising awareness about the impact of single use plastic on the environment and promoting a more sustainable way of living.
- A charity that saves lives at sea and works hard to end preventable drowning.
Telephone: 07825 979574
- To deliver personal and social development opportunities to young people.
Telephone: 01233 642156
Website: Sk8side website
- Aims to improve lives and support communities every day by delivering a positive social impact and empowering people.
- Guided by their principles as a social enterprise, SEK are committed to ensuring sustainable outcomes for communities, leaving those they work with, stronger and more resilient.
Telephone: 01227 469970
Website: Social Enterprise Kent website
- SpeakUpCIC has a broad range of peer support activities and services to offer the many individuals with experience of mental ill health in Ashford.
- As an organisation, SpeakUpCIC's work is informed, developed and delivered by people who have a real understanding of what it is like to live with mental distress.
Telephone: 07812 729123
Website: Speak Up CIC website
- Aims to relieve need, suffering and distress amongst the Armed Forces, veterans and their families in order to support their independence and dignity.
Telephone: 0208 895 6716
Website: SSAFA website
- Our mission is to support organisations in building capacity, strengthening infrastructure and making the connections and partnerships they need to thrive.
Telephone: 01227 467230
Website: Stronger Kent Communities website
- We're the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. The work we're doing creates healthier places and happier people.
Telephone: 07500 833152
Website: Sustrans website
- The Centre for Independent Living Kent provides practical support, information and advice to help people living with disabilities to enjoy the freedom of independent living.
- As a Disabled Person’s User Led Organisation they support other disabled people with their knowledge and understanding of what it is like living in a world full of barriers.
- They provide a range of services including:
- 1-2-1 community advocacy to enable people to express their views, be listened to and understand their rights;
- Information and guidance on topics around independent living;
- Outreach in all areas in Kent and Medway;
- Independent peer support, project work and disability equality training for adults and disability awareness for children and young people.
Telephone: 01233 633187
- Organises the donation and supply of hygiene products to community partners across Ashford and Tenterden.
Website: The Hygiene Bank website
- The Kent & East Sussex Railway is a registered charity that carries out the following:
- Operates a heritage railway service with authentic locomotives and rolling stock;
- Acquires, preserves, and restores steam and other locomotives and rolling stock;
- Improves and develops the railway infrastructure;
- Promotes the participation of young people on the railway, and
- Maintains a public museum and library on the history of the railway.
Telephone: 01580 765155
- The new Kent MS Therapy Centre opened in 2015 and offers first class facilities to support people affected by Multiple Sclerosis – those that have the condition, their families, friends and those who care for them.
Telephone: 01227 470876
Website: The Kent MS Therapy website
- The Limes Community Garden is aiming to turn wasteland into a community garden for all in the local area to enjoy. They are also aiming to become a place of social prescribing, mental wellness, and to grow the local community through a garden.
Telephone: 07970 040172
Social channels: Limes Community Garden Facebook page
- The Silver Line Connects Service offers older people a helping hand to navigate difficult situations and to connect with organisations and services in their local area.
- They support people with a wide range of issues including accessing benefits, health and social care issues, help with housing, and accessing social clubs and events.
- Providing information and signposting through to contacting services on a client's behalf.
Telephone: 0800 470 80 90
Website: The Silver Line website
- To inspire hope and bring community transformation through dedicated projects that seek to support the communities that we work in.
Website: Uprising website
- Aims to bridge the shortfall in accessible transport for people who live in rural areas. They provide appropriate and affordable travel solutions either on a self-drive basis or with one of their reliable, friendly volunteer drivers. At its heart, community transport is all about people, improving well-being, health and happiness
Telephone: 01233 840000
Website: Wealden Wheels website
- Wye Community Farm is a small, local organisation in Kent which aims to educate, inspire and train a variety of people in basic hands-on farming, with its herd of rare breed cattle and sheep.
Website: Wye Community Farm website