Domestic Abuse Help
If you are experiencing domestic abuse and are in immediate danger please call 999 immediately. If you are afraid of being overheard when you dial 999 there is a system in place – 'silent solution'. If you can respond to questions by coughing or tapping the handset you can do this, alternatively, when prompted press 55 to activate the 'silent solution' and the operator can transfer the call to your local police force as an emergency.
Coronavirus lockdown resources
The One Stop Shop is currently closed, however, during its usual opening times, Tuesdays 9.30am-12.30pm, please call Liz on 07765 897211. If it safe to do so you can also leave a message or text. You will be triaged and referred on to the service who can best support you, so we will need a safe number for agencies to call you back on. Calls are confidential, however we may need to take some details to refer you on should you consent.
Adult domestic abuse support groups
- Kent Social Services – adults can call 03000 416161. There is also an out of hours number, 03000 419191 or you can email email@example.com.
- Victim Support Kent is open 9am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturdays. Call 0808 168 9276 and leave your details, or talk on live chat online from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- Clarion Housing Association – service provider for North and South Kent (including the borough of Ashford). Call 07773 179082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline (in partnership with Women's Aid and Refuge) – freephone 24-hour service, call 0808 2000 247 or call the men's advice line on 0808 801 0327.
- Rising Sun Domestic Violence and Abuse Service – call their confidential helpline: 01227 452852. This line is available 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. People from all walks of life are affected by domestic abuse. Rising Sun Kent are offering free training to local businesses and voluntary organisations to help recognise the signs of domestic abuse and to support colleagues or friends who are affected.
- Domestic Abuse Support Services in Kent and Medway.
- Karma Nirvana – request a call back on their website. You can also call 0800 599 9247 from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, or email email@example.com.
- Refuge website.
- The Samaritans – call 116 123 (free at any time) or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Department for Work and Pensions – call 0845 604 3719 or 0845 608 8551.
- National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) – call 0800 970 2070.
- Protection Against Stalking – call 0808 923 7000.
- Kent Fire & Rescue Service – call 0800 923 7000 (they can offer a free home safety check and can seal your letterbox).
- Broken Rainbow website.
- Safe Lives website.
- Mankind Initiative – confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse. Call 01823 334244 Monday-Friday 10am-4pm.
- Men's Advice Line – confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse and those supporting them. Call 0808 8010327. Lines open 9am-8pm Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays and 9am-5pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse helpline – emotional and practical support for LGBT+ people experiencing domestic abuse. Call 0800 999 5428. Lines are open 10am-5pm Monday-Friday with extended opening hours until 8pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- National LGBT and Domestic Abuse – sexual violence. Call 020 7704 2040. Lines are open 10am-5pm Monday to Friday with extended opening hours until 8pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Supportline – Confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual (children, young adults and adults) on any issue. Call 01708 765200.
- Respect – Confidential helpline offering advice, information and support to help people stop being violent and abusive to their partner. Call 0808 802 4040. Lines are open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Children and young people personal safety groups
- Kent Social Services – Children can call 03000 411111. There is also an out of hours number, 03000 419191 or you can email email@example.com.
- Childline Advice and Support for Young People – call 0800 1111.
- NSPCC Female Genital Mutilation Helpline – call 0800 028 3550.
- Kooth website – Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.