Urgent Telephone Weekends : 01233 331111

Disabled Band Reductions

You may be able to claim council tax reduction if a disabled person lives in your property. Your council tax may be reduced to the next lowest band if you meet certain conditions.  

Reductions are available if a disabled person lives in the property, even if they are not liable to pay the council tax bill. 

Reductions are also available if the resident uses a wheelchair or a second bathroom, kitchen or an additional room in the property. This room must be essential, or of major importance, to the well-being of the disabled person. 

If you have adapted your property for a disabled member of your household you may qualify for a reduction.