Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111

Hospital and Care Home Residents

To qualify for this discount a person must:

  • Have their sole or main residence in a residential care home, a nursing home, a mental nursing home, a hostel or a hospital: the term sole or main residence is not defined in Council Tax legislation, although case law on the subject suggests that temporary absence from home does not constitute a change of residency
  • Be receiving care or treatment

Confirmation will be sought from the place of residency.