ABC Lettings Landlord Information Guide
A Better Choice Lettings and Property Management (ABC Lettings), offers landlords a safe, secure and hassle-free service for letting your property.
This ABC Lettings landlord information page is our comprehensive guide to letting and managing your property. This guide details the service we offer, information on tenants, our policies and procedures. It also shows our clear, transparent and fair fee structure with no hidden costs.
We have been creating and supporting tenancies in the private sector for many years and we are delighted to offer you the security of working with an organisation that has a reputation for a careful and considered approach, coupled with a new vision for “no hassle” lettings.
As we are not motivated by profit, our charges are lower than High Street Agencies without any compromise in our service.
- We will carry out a market appraisal to guide you on the monthly rental figure.
- Agree a monthly rent with you.
- Then we will search for a suitable tenant for your property.
- We will arrange and accompany all prospective tenants through the property during viewings.
- We aim to have a tenancy in place within two weeks, causing a minimal void period.
- We will provide feedback and guide you through the lettings process.
We will provide ongoing services with our team of dedicated property managers.
Before a tenancy commences, we arrange a professional inventory to note the condition of the property and at the end of the tenancy, a check out is carried out to note any changes above fair wear and tear.
All tenants who are referred to ABC Lettings will have had the appropriate checks made, this is to ensure that they are suitable and that the property is affordable.
We screen tenants prior to arranging a viewing, this is a key part of our service.
ABC Lettings has been set up to assist families that may not have the option to access properties advertised by high street lettings agencies as many cannot fund what is due in advance such as the fees, deposits and rent.
This means that they often ask the council for assistance in finding suitable accommodation in the private rented sector.
ABC Lettings offers a service that is designed to help landlords offer properties for rent to households who couldn't otherwise access the private rented sector.
We will draft and sign the Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement.
As part of our managed service we notify the utility suppliers and the council for council tax payments. We provide meter readings to start the tenants' liability, we then close these at the end of the tenancy.
We guarantee the rent to the landlord for the term of the tenancy agreement. We pay the agreed rent monthly in advance on the 1st working day of each month regardless of the rent being received from the tenant.
We will pay up to one month’s rent towards any damage at the end of the tenancy, this is guided by the official check out report which notes any changes made over the period of the tenancy.
We liaise with the tenant for the term of the tenancy; this will include providing them with out-of-hours support and contact arrangements.
We carry out regular property inspections to check on the general condition of the property and ensure the tenancy is being conducted in the correct manner. Any obvious defects are noted. Our report is then sent to you so that you are fully up to date in how the property is being looked after.
Management of repairs and maintenance
- We respond to any general repairs and maintenance and report them to you.
- We can arrange for our contractors to carry out the works. The cost will be deducted from your monthly rental payment. Alternatively, you can instruct your own contractor. You will be responsible for making decisions on how major repairs and maintenance to your property are carried out.
- As part of the managed service your heating and hot water systems will have a policy to cover call outs and the annual safety check. (You are responsible for providing the initial Gas safety check). The policy held covers a 24 hour call out and this is at no additional cost to you.
- We respond to any emergency out of hours requests and, if necessary, arrange for our contractors to attend.
- On the rare occasion that any repairs are the tenant’s liability we would then contact the tenant and make arrangements for them to pay for the repair/call out.
Tenancy set-up – £250 (inclusive of VAT)
- Tenant selection and referencing (if appropriate)
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessment
- Tenancy agreement
- Set up of utilities
Management fee – 10% (plus VAT)
- Guaranteed rent on 1st each month
- Boiler breakdown and servicing
- Annual Gas Safe Check (CP12)
- Management of repairs and maintenance including a 24 hour tenant help line
- Regular property visits
- Tenant liaison
- Tenancy renewals
- Notices including legal action (if appropriate)
- Our office hours are 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday during which time we can be contacted by phone (01233) 330811 or you can email email@example.com.
- All enquiries will be directed to a property manager.
- All e-mails will receive a response within a fair time.
- All contact with our landlords and tenants is logged so should your dedicated tenancy manager be on leave, another member of our team will be able to assist you.
- Our full management service will provide a 24-hour reporting service for emergency repairs.
ABC Lettings is committed to providing and maintaining decent, quality accommodation for the benefit of landlords and tenants in Ashford, Folkestone and Hythe.
All properties to be let via ABC Lettings will be inspected and all properties will have to meet the minimum standards. Our basic minimum criteria for our residential let properties is given below:
- All properties must be clean, well maintained and presented.
- We require properties to have a minimum of secure and suitable light fittings, carpets or laminate flooring throughout as well as vinyl/laminate in the kitchens and bathrooms.
- All properties must be fitted with operational smoke alarms that meet relevant fire and safety regulations and a carbon monoxide detector (if applicable).
- Suitable storage space for food, clothing and household appliances is required.
- All structural elements of the property (such as rainwater goods, doors, windows and so forth), should operate as designed and be in good condition and repair.
- A valid electrical safety, gas safety (if applicable) and an EPC certificate must be provided.
- We require two sets of keys for each property to be provided to us. One set will be held securely by us in case of emergency.
We can offer advice if your property does not meet the minimum criteria and provide assistance and/or access to good quality repairs and maintenance teams.
Call us on 01233 330811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.