Report a Repair
For non-emergency repairs, we recommend you use our step-by-step, online reporting service with easy-to-follow diagrams and text boxes.
By clicking on the appropriate part of a picture you can locate your repair problem and send the details to us for action.
This service is available 24 hours a day throughout the year and provides you with an easy and convenient way to report your repair problem.
Whether reported by phone or online, repairs that are not emergencies will normally be carried out within 28 working days. Once your repair request is issued to our contractor you will receive notification of the repair through the post.
Reporting a repair during normal office hours
Phone 01233 330366 to report a repair for council homes, council communal areas and council garage areas.
We will help resolve your repair problem, giving advice and assistance even on matters that are your responsibility.
Contact our heating and hot water contractor direct on 0800 206 1371 (free from land lines), or 01795 477098 for all heating system repairs.
Their phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week.
Emergency repairs (outside normal office hours)
There is an out-of-hours service for emergency repairs only. This service operates outside normal office hours on weekdays and 24 hours a day at weekends and public holidays.
Please call 01233 330366
If a repair is an emergency we will, usually within a maximum of two hours, arrange for our contractor to call. The contractor is responsible for taking emergency action that may include a full repair, or making safe the situation until repair work can be undertaken during normal working hours.
Examples of repairs that would be considered emergencies are:
- Gas leaks. These should be reported directly to the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. Their full details and advice about what to do if you smell gas are available on the National Grid website
- Total loss of electricity or a dangerous electrical fault
- Total loss of water supply or a major leak (such as a burst pipe or water tank within the property)
- If you only have one toilet and you cannot use it (the cost of this repair is rechargeable if the problem was caused by you)
- A blocked drain or serious leak of sewerage (the cost of this repair is rechargeable if the problem was caused by you)
- If your heating breaks down during winter
- Any other repair that poses a risk to you or the public or to the structure of the building
Visit what is an emergency repair for more information about how we prioritise repairs.
If you have any enquiries regarding a repair to your council home or garage you can email email@example.com, or phone us on 01233 330366.
Download the online repairs handbook [pdf] 3584KB to help you understand what you can expect from our repairs service. It gives advice on resolving simple repair problems and explains what to do in an emergency repair situation.