You need to register with us if you want to work as a hairdresser in the borough of Ashford. There is no fee but an application for registration as a hairdresser or barber [pdf] 32KB must be completed.
There are several reasons why you need to register. These include:
- To make sure the premises is suitable;
- To check that controls are in place to protect against contamination or infection;
- To ensure that appropriate health and safety standards are in place; and
- To check that insurance is in place against third party liabilities.
- Freelance Hair and Beauty Federation
- The Hair Council
- National Hairdressers' Federation
- Read about dermatitis on the Health and Safety Executive Website
- HSE Hairdressing Guidance
If you have any queries please email the Environmental Health team.