Design the council’s Christmas card competition!Published: 17/11/2023
We are excited to be launching a competition to design the council’s annual Christmas eCard!
Young artists from across Ashford and Tenterden are invited to draw, colour or paint a festive image related to the borough and then the winning design will be incorporated into our Christmas eCard.
Sound interesting? Well here’s how to enter…
- Entrants must be primary school aged children (4 to 11 years)
- It must be their own original image
- It must be in portrait format and either A4 or A5 (half a piece of A4)
- It must be a jpeg or pdf attachment (not embedded in the body of an email) and high resolution (at least 300dpi)
- It cannot be a collage, be 3D or include glitter as unfortunately this is too difficult to scan so please consider how your design will look when scanning, taking factors such as lighting into account
Entries can be submitted via email: email@example.com or by post: Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, TN23 1PL.
Please include the name of the child, their age and their school – plus your contact details, so we are able to notify them if they win!
Winner and runners up
The winner of the competition will have their design featured on our eCard and the Leader of Ashford Borough Council, our Cabinet Members and senior council officers too, including the Chief Executive will send these out to local businesses and organisations throughout the borough. We’ll also be showcasing the winning design across our social media channels.
The winner and two runners up will also be invited to have tea with the Chief Executive and Mayor of Ashford, Cllr Larry Krause, at the Civic Centre where the winner will be presented with a £30 Waterstones voucher, with the runners up each receiving a £10 voucher.
Finally as an added festive treat, we’ll arrange for 10 physical cards with the final design to be printed, so the winner can then send them to their family and friends.
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Wednesday 29 November 2023.