Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111
News article entitled Test and trace support payments now available for low income residents who cannot work

Grants available for low income workers who have to self-isolate

Published: 13/10/2020

Grants are now available for some residents who have been told to self-isolate but are unable to work from home.

The £500 one-off payments will be made to residents who:

• have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because they’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive;
• are employed or self-employed;
• are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
• are currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.

If you have been told you have to self-isolate and meet these criteria, you can claim the lump sum payment online. Fill out the online form.

You will need to leave your name, address, phone number and National Insurance number, and provide the following to complete the form:

• a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate (this will include a Unique ID number);
• a bank statement; and
• proof of employment, or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact.

If you are unable to register online please call 01233 331111 and select option 4. You will be able to leave your details with a customer service advisor who can pass these on to the processing team to contact you.

There will be two payment runs each week starting from week commencing Monday 12 October. Your claim will be assessed and paid in the next available payment run by the council’s Revenues and Benefits team.

If you receive the payment you are legally required to complete your period of self-isolation.