Zone F Residential and Business Permit Terms and Conditions
We are currently unable to issue Visitor Permits in person at the Civic Centre.
Please contact us by phone on 01233 331111.
Payment will be taken and permits sent out in the post.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Willesborough Lees, Ashford
Permit Guidance Notes, Terms and Conditions
- Kennington Road, Willesborough Lees (from its junction with M20 Junction 10 to No. 29 inclusive)
- Lacton Oast
- Lees Road (from its junction with Kennington Road to its closure point with Silver Hill Road)
- The Street, Willesborough Lees
- Yeoman Gardens
The scheme is designed to provide on-street parking facilities in those neighbourhoods in Willesborough Lees area which suffer from parking and congestion problems.
The scheme prohibits general long-term parking within the designated zones between the hours of 8am and 10pm Monday to Saturday. During these times, long-term parking is only permitted by holders of a Residents, Business or Visitors Parking Permit issued by Ashford Borough Council.
If you hold a Resident’s or Business Permit you may park in the space provided in the appropriate zone at any time. Those who do not have a Resident’s or Business Permit are only allowed to park for a limited period of 2 hours with no return within four hours. Drivers who do not comply with the parking restrictions will be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice by a Civil Enforcement Officer.
The scheme does not guarantee the availability of a parking space for your use outside your house, but you should be able to park in a designated parking space in a street in your own designated zone. Your parking permit is only valid in your designated zone; it cannot be used elsewhere. Restrictions are not in force on Sundays and between 10pm and 8 am on all other days.
You may apply to Ashford Borough Council for a Resident’s or Business Parking Permit(s) for use in the “Zone Area F” by completing and submitting the online application form (please read the ‘Note’ at the bottom on page five for further advice).
Applicants wishing to apply for a permit should read the following notes to ensure that they satisfy the conditions and requirements described before submitting an application form.
Who May Apply for a Permit?
A person who is the owner of a vehicle and whose main residence or business is at premises with a postal address in Zone F, which is listed in the Register of Electors March 2006 and for businesses the non domestic rates list at 1st April 2006 and who has resided or operated a business or intends to reside or operate a business at the address for at least six months. However:
- occupiers of bed-sit accommodation must have some consistent residential qualification, which may be demonstrated by inclusion in the current electoral register or other proof of long term residence;
- when considering applications households and businesses with off-street parking facilities within the boundary of their premises will be considered on an individual basis (please read the note on page five for further explanation).
An occupier or intended occupier of business premises who has conducted business or intends to conduct business activities on the premises for at least six months.
Which Vehicles are Eligible?
- Passenger vehicles (not exceeding 3500 kilograms). For example, a family car.
- Dual-purpose vehicles. For example, a family estate car.
- Goods vehicles (not exceeding 3500 kilograms). For example, a light transit van.
- Motor Cycles.
How Much does it Cost?
Permits cost £35.00 each and will remain valid for a period of 12 months commencing from the first day of the month in which the applicant wishes it to start and will be issued subject to:-
- payment of the annual fee of £35.00 must be made to the Council before a permit will be issued (payment information is provided with the online application form).
- The terms and conditions detailed in these notes.
Where and when can Permit Holders Park?
Permit holders may park at any time in parking places in any designated street or length of street located in the zone area in which the applicant resides and shown on the Permit (See Table 1):-
|Zone F - Two hour waiting limit|
The Street, Willesborough Lees
Arrangements have been made in the scheme to help visitors to all eligible premises located within the Zone Area F.
Temporary Visitors Parking Permits
- Residents or business proprietors of all eligible residential or business premises located in Zone Areas F may purchase temporary Visitor Parking Permits at a cost of £1.00 each.
- The ‘scratch card’ visitor parking permits are only valid for the day they are displayed in a visitors’ vehicle.
- Visitors’ vehicles may only be parked in the Zone Area where the resident or business permit holder is authorised to park (identified on street by post mounted signs).
- Visitors’ vehicles are subject to the vehicle eligibility restrictions referred to above.
- It is not necessary to display a Visitor Permit on visitors vehicles that will be parked for periods not exceeding the two hour waiting limit applicable in that Zone.
- Visitor parking permits are obtainable from Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, Kent TN23 1PL.