Zones A and B Residential Permit Terms and Conditions
We are currently unable to issue Visitor Permits in person at the Civic Centre.
Please contact us by phone on 01233 331111.
Payment will be taken and permits sent out in the post.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Permit Guidance Notes and Terms and Conditions
- 1-3 Knott Square
- 20-24 North Street
All house numbers unless otherwise stated:
- Apsley Street
- Bank Street
- Castle Street
- Church Road
- Church Yard
- Drum Lane
- East Street
- Gilbert Road
- Godinton Road (Even 36 to 60)
- High Street
- Kings Parade
- Knotts Square
- Middle Road
- Middle Street
- New Rents
- New Street (Odd 1 to 21 and Old Prince of Wales)
- North Street (Even 2 to 32 and Odd 1 to 19)
- Norwood Street
- Park Street
- Queen Street
- Regents Place
- St John's Lane
- Vicarage Lane
- Tufton Street
- West Street (Odd 1 to 13)
Any residential premises on the town centre side of, or within an area bounded by, one of the following roads:
- Ringway (between New Street and North Street)
- Somerset Road (southern side of carriageway)
- Wellesley Road (between Somerset Road and High Street)
- Station Road
- Elwick Road
- Godinton Road (between Elwick Road and West Street)
- West Street
- Forge Lane
The scheme is designed to provide on-street parking facilities for residents who are eligible under the terms of the scheme who reside within Ashford Town Centre.
The scheme prohibits general long-term parking within the designated zone; long-term parking is only permitted by holders of a Residents or Visitors Parking Permit issued by Ashford Borough Council.
If you hold a Resident's Permit you may park in the space provided in the appropriate zone during the permitted times, see Table 1. Those who do not have a Resident's Permit are on payment of an initial charge, only allowed to park for a limited period. Drivers who do not comply with the parking restrictions will be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice by a Civil Enforcement Officer.
The scheme does not guarantee the availability of a parking space for your use outside your house, but you should be able to park in a designated parking space in a street in your own Designated Zone. Your parking permit is only valid in your designated zone; it cannot be used elsewhere. Restrictions are not in force between 10pm and 6 am.
You may apply to Ashford Borough Council for a Resident's Permit(s) for use in “Zones A & B” by completing and submitting the online application form (please read the note on pages 5 & 6 for further advice).
Applicants wishing to apply for a permit should read the following notes to ensure that they satisfy the conditions and requirements described before submitting an application form.
Who May Apply for a Permit?
A person who is the owner of a vehicle and whose usual residence is at residential premises in the list of eligible addresses (detailed in paragraph 1) with a postal address listed in the Register of Electors March 2000 (subject to a limit of one permit per address), who has resided or intends to reside at the address for at least six months.
What Vehicles are Eligible?
- Passenger vehicles (not exceeding 3500 kilograms). For example, a family car.
- Dual-purpose vehicles. For example, a family estate car.
- Goods vehicles (not exceeding 3500 kilograms). For example, a light transit van.
- Motor Cycles.
How Much does it Cost?
- Zone 'A' £125.00
- Zone 'B' £55.00
Permits will remain valid for a period of 12 months commencing from the first day of the month during which the applicant wishes it to start and will be issues subject to:-
- payment of the annual fee which must be made to the council before a permit will be issued (payment information is provided with the online application form)
- The terms and conditions detailed in these notes
Where and when can Permit Holders Park?
Zone 'A' permit holders may park in marked parking bays in Park Street and Pay and Display parking bays during the times stated, in the following locations (See Table 1).
Zone 'B' permit holders may park in Pay and Display parking bays during the times stated, in the following locations (See Table 1).
|All days, any time||Monday - Friday (6pm-6am the following day)
Weekends (6pm on Saturday - 6am on Monday
|All days (4.30pm-8.30am the following day)|
|Park Street (Zone 'A' permit holders only)
Arrangements have been made in the scheme to help visitors to all eligible premises located within the Zone Areas A and B
Temporary Visitors Parking Permits
- Residents of all eligible residential premises located in Zone Areas A and B may purchase temporary Visitor Parking Permits at a cost of £1.00 each.
- The 'scratch card' visitor parking permits are only valid for the day they are displayed in a visitors' vehicle.
- Visitors' vehicles may only be parked in the Zone Area where the resident permit holder is authorised to park (identified on street by post mounted signs).
- Visitors' vehicles are subject to the vehicle eligibility restrictions referred to above.
- As Visitors Parking Permits cost £1.00 each, visitors who need to park for a period of up to one hour only, should be advised to purchase a parking ticket from a ticket machine.
- Visitor parking permits are obtainable from Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, Kent TN23 1PL and Ashford Gateway Plus, Church Road, Ashford, TN23 1QX.