Residential On-Street e-permit Parking Scheme Zones D and E – Ashford Terms & Conditions
Qualifying Property Lists
- Barrow Hill
- Barrow Hill Cottages
- Barrow Hill Place
- Barrow Hill Terrace
- Eastern Avenue
- Forge Lane (No’s 25, to 33 Odds only)
- Godinton Road (No’s 95 to 204)
- Gravel Walk
- James Street
- Kings Avenue (Chartview, Llanberis, Dinan, Nos. 5,7,and 9)
- Kipling Road
- Marlowe Road
- Milton Road
- Norwood Gardens
- Sackville Crescent
- Western Avenue (excluding Nos. 53 & 55)
- Albert Road
- Blue Line Lane
- Canterbury Road (No’s 1 to 40)
- Hardinge Road
- Hollington Place
- Kent Avenue
- Magazine Road (No’s 18 to 46 – Evens only)
- New Street (No’s 60 to 74 – Evens only)
- North Street (No’s 35 to 45)
- Park Road North
- Queens Road (Upper and Lower)
- Somerset Road (No’s 1 to 51 – Odds only)
- Sturges Road
- Sussex Avenue
- Wall Road
- Wellesley Road
- Wolseley Place
Who can apply for an e-permit?
You can apply for an e-permit if you are the owner of a vehicle and live in a residential property with a postal address listed in the Register of Electors March 2003, provided you have lived or intend to live at the address for at least six months.
You can apply for an e-permit if your business was listed on the non-domestic rates list at 1st April 2003 and you have operated a business or intend to operate a business at the address for at least six months.
You must provide evidence to confirm where you live or where you operate your business. We accept a copy of
- Recent council tax bill, utility bill, telephone bill or bank statement
- Fully signed tenancy agreement or;
- Proof of long-term residence
- For a business headed notepaper or recent business rates bill
What Vehicles are Eligible for an e-permit?
- Passenger vehicles (not exceeding 3500 kilograms). For example, a family car
- Goods vehicles (not exceeding 3500 kilograms). For example, a light transit van.
- Motor Cycles.
You must provide evidence to confirm you own or lease your vehicle. We accept a copy of
- Vehicle Registration Document (V5)
- Hire/Lease Agreement
- Sales Invoice or Receipt
- Current Motor Insurance Certificate (provided you are the policyholder)
How many permits can have?
Provided you do not have any off-street parking, you may apply for one permit.
Subject to the availability of on-street parking spaces within the zone, we will consider an application for a second e-permit. The maximum number of e-permits per household or business will be two, reduced to one e-permit in consideration of any off-street parking provision.
Where and when can e-permit Holders Park?
- Zone D and E e-permit holders may park in marked two hour parking bays in the locations shown for each Zone
Barrow Hill Cottages
Barrow Hill Place
Blue Line Lane
Park Road North
Queens Road (Upper and Lower)
How much does an e-permit Cost?
We will not issue an e-permit until the council has received payment in full.
More on Residential Parking Permits
Terms and Conditions
- To apply for an e-permit you must create an on-line account.
- Businesses located in Zones A, B and G are not entitled to apply for e-permits.
- We issue one e-permit to a qualifying household or business provided the household or business does not have any off-street parking.
- We do not send you a paper permit. You will receive an email confirmation stating that you have an e-permit, and you will be able to use your e-permit to park your vehicle on the start date shown.
- We can issue a e-permit for up to two vehicles but the e-permit is only valid in one vehicle at a time. You must provide proof of vehicle ownership for all vehicles.
- If there are any outstanding penalty charge notices for a vehicle, we will not issue an e-permit.
- The e-permit will only be valid for use in the vehicle bearing the registration number selected in the online account
- To change the e-permit to the second vehicle you will need to access your on-line account and follow the instructions to make a change. You will receive an email confirmation acknowledging the change, and you will be able to use your e-permit to park a vehicle from the start date shown.
- An e-permit is valid for 12 months from the start date.
- An e-permit only entitles you to park your vehicle in marked on street parking bays in the streets listed for your Zone in Table 1.
- An e-permit does not guarantee you a parking space outside your home.
- An e-permit does not give an e-permit holder preferential rights over any other driver parked in a parking bay.
- You may not transfer or assign your e-permit to another person.
- The e-permit remains the property of Ashford Borough Council.
- You must surrender your e-permit if you move home, if you are no longer the owner/keeper of the vehicle, or if the vehicle ceases to be eligible.
- Any contravention of the above clauses will render the e-permit invalid and the permit will be withdrawn.
- Refunds for unexpired permits may be made at the Council’s discretion.
- In no event will we be liable to the customer for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damage in connection with or arising out of these terms and conditions (including loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation whatsoever incurred by either party), however it arises whether for breach of these terms and conditions, including any breach of warranty, or tort (including negligence) even if the customer has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
- We will not be liable for any losses incurred following loss or corruptions of any data, database or software.
- Register of Electors - is Ashford Borough Councils’ recording of all residents of Ashford and the Borough of Ashford who are of eligible voting age.
- Non-domestic Rates list – List of businesses who are liable for business rates
- Household - is the living spaces and possessions belonging to a person or group of people occupying a single dwelling
- Residence - is the official home of a resident.
- Business – is a commercial enterprise or establishment operating within Zones D and E
- Vehicle “Owner” - a person in whose name the vehicle is registered, or in the case of leased vehicles, the person to whom the vehicle is contracted and in the case of company owned vehicles, the nominated driver, in respect of which, there cannot be more than one nominee.
- Off-street Parking - access to legitimate parking off the public highway
Important Information Please Read
Ashford Borough Council (ABC) is the data controller for the personal information you provide in this form. Your information will be used to administer a Season Ticket Scheme, processing is being conducted relying upon a contractual legal basis. Your data may be shared with other departments within the council for the purpose of improving services, keeping records up-to-date and for the protection of the public fund. We will not share your information with any third parties unless we are required or permitted to do so by law. Your information will be retained as long as you hold a valid Season Ticket +7yrs. For more information about your data protection rights please see the council's Data Protection pages or contact the Data Protection Officer at, The Data Protection Officer, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford TN23 1PL