Wye Neighbourhood Plan
Adoption of Wye Neighbourhood Plan
Following a positive referendum result, Ashford Borough Council has adopted the Wye Neighbourhood Plan 2015-30 as part of Ashford Borough Council’s Development Plan in accordance with Regulation 19 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
The Adopted Neighbourhood Plan and formal Regulation 19 Decision statement as required under Neighbourhood Planning Regulations is included in the key documents set out below:
Hard copies of the Neighbourhood Plan and Decision Statement above can be located in Wye Library, and the Civic Centre, Ashford during their usual opening times: Document Viewing Locations
WYE3 Masterplan Consultation
Since the start of 2017, various consultation events and public exhibitions have been held to enable Ashford Borough Council, the landowner Telereal Trillium, Wye with Hinxhill Parish Council and the local community to help inform a draft WYE3 Masterplan. This masterplan is now ready for consultation and we would welcome your comments.
The consultation will run for 4 weeks from 26th March to 5pm on 1st May 2018.
Background to preparation of the Wye Neighbourhood Plan
Following the submission of the Wye Neighbourhood Plan to Ashford Borough Council, the plan was publicised, representations were invited and an independent examiner appointed. The independent examiner’s report concluded that, subject to making the modifications recommended, the plan met the basic conditions set out in the legislation and should proceed to a neighbourhood planning referendum.
The Neighbourhood Plan (amended in line with the examiner’s proposed modifications) was the subject of a referendum held on Thursday 8 September 2016. 94.72% of those who voted were in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan.
Evidence and supporting documents:
The relevant information relating to its preparation and examination can be found below:
- View the result of Wye Neighbourhood Plan Referendum - 8 September 2016 [pdf] 65KB
- Appendix C Summary of Neighbourhood Development Plan Policies (Referendum Version) [pdf] 469KB
- Appendix F Designation of Green Spaces (Referendum Version) [pdf] 385KB
- View the Examiner's Report [pdf] 251KB
- Download Wye - Regulation 18 Decision Statement [pdf] 219KB
- View Wye Neighbourhood Plan submission version and comments received
- The background documents (appendices) supporting the NP can be located here (Note changes to Appendix documents C and F above)
- Cabinet report 10 January 2013 [pdf] 329KB
- Download Wye Neighbourhood Development Plan Context [pdf] 82KB
- Wye with Hinxhill area application [pdf] 1MB
- Map of Wye with Hinxhill neighbourhood area [pdf] 530KB
Further information is available from the Wye Parish Council website.