Pre-Application Advice Level 1
Charged service for other changes of use, advertisement and other related applications (Level 1)
There are two methods of obtaining advice either by an exchange of letters/emails or including a meeting. The fees for this service are:
- Written Advice, £98 from 1 April 2021 (inc. 20% VAT) and payment is required in advance.
These charges are in addition to fees for making planning and advert applications. Fees for planning applications are available on our planning fees webpage.
Each project or separate site referred to in an enquiry will be charged at the appropriate rate.
What you need to do
If you want us to comment on a particular change of use or advert you will need to email us or write including:
- An explanation/description of what you want to do
- Full site address and location plan (preferably at 1:1250 scale) with the site outlined in red
- Any relevant information about previous uses
- Sketch drawings providing details of the proposal with floor plans and how the building will look from the outside (elevations) as well as how it will relate to nearby buildings
- Photographs of the site can also be helpful
- Pay the appropriate fee - visit our Methods of Payment page
What we will do
- Acknowledge receipt of your enquiry, within 3 working days, giving you a reference number and the name of the case officer who will be dealing with your request
- Ask for any other information we think we need to give you an answer
- Once we have all the information we need, we will let you have our advice in writing within 28 working days (we are often faster)
- If you have asked for a meeting:
- The case officer will contact you to confirm whether we have all the information we need and to arrange a date for a meeting and ask for any necessary additional information
- The timing of the meeting will depend upon the complexity of the scheme and the amount of work that will be needed prior to a meeting including any time necessary to obtain initial views of other interested parties. Attendance of other officers at the meeting, including specialist advisors, will be at the case officer's discretion
- The fee will be agreed at the end of the meeting and an invoice will be sent to you
- After the meeting, we will write to you confirming the advice given. This will usually be within 28 working days unless the proposal is particularly complex, The written response will outline the major planning issues, matters agreed or raised at the meeting, other constraints and requirements which have been agreed with the council. You may also take notes at the meeting and if you wish, we will check and amend these as necessary