If you have a planning query, we would encourage you to check our top 10 Planning FAQs [pdf] 1043KB.
- Planning applications
- Check the planning history of a property:
- Find copy S106 agreements
- View records online (you will need to search documents for the relevant planning application).
- Listed buildings
- Find out if a property is listed: interactive map
- Conservation areas
- Tree preservation orders
- Trees: bat protection and licences
Other sources of reference:
The Planning Portal is the online national resource for planning and building control. Advice on many commons projects is available on their website together with:
- Interactive tools
- Mini-guides that provide more detailed visual clarification of the permitted development rules for specific householder development projects such as:
- Loft conversions
Ultimately, if you want to be certain that the existing use of a building is lawful for planning purposes or that your proposal does not require planning permission, you can apply for a Lawful Development Certificate.