We are a member of the Kent and Medway Air Quality Partnership. This is where data and information about air quality throughout Kent is collected and shared.
The borough has a network of diffusion tubes. These are small plastic tubes that absorb pollutants, which are then sent to the laboratory for analysis. The results gathered provide monthly averages.
You can view the historical Kent data at the KentAir website
If you wish to view educational material relating to air quality please visit Kent and Medway Care for Air
What is the air quality like in Ashford borough?
As well as monitoring air quality we have a statutory duty to periodically review the air quality in the area. This involves comparing the measured and predicted pollutant levels against national air quality standards and objectives.
The most current report can be viewed below by clicking on the appropriate download. The report identifies that the air quality objectives for both particulates and nitrogen dioxide are being achieved.
- Air quality annual status report ASR 2017 [pdf] 2214KB
- Air quality annual status report (ASR) 2016 [pdf] 1MB
- Air quality updating and screening assessment 2015 [pdf] 1246KB
- Ashford annual progress report 2014 [pdf] 2MB
- Air quality annual progress report 2011 [pdf] 769KB
- Air quality annual progress report 2010 [pdf] 1927KB
- Air quality updating and screening assessment 2009 [pdf] 516KB
- Find out more about Air quality standards and bandings
- Look at the Air quality forecast in UK
- Report a smoky vehicle via the VOSA website or telephone 0300 123 9000 with details of vehicle model, registration number, time, date and location where seen
- Contact email@example.com