Fortnightly household waste
The GREY wheeled bin is for household rubbish that cannot be recycled and it is emptied fortnightly. The bin lid must be closed and we will not collect ANY side waste or extra rubbish not placed inside the closed bin. Please remember to put your bin out on the boundary of your property by 6am on collection day.
What do I put in?
- Any waste that does not go into your recycling bin or food caddy! This includes:
- Paper towels soiled with food or chemicals
- Floppy plastic such as bread bags, crisp packets, carrier bags, polythene, cling film
- Cotton wool
- Used tissues
- Sanitary products
- Cotton buds
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes
- CDs, DVDs and VHS
- Broken wine glasses, mirrors, vases
- Dead animals (gifts from your pets) and pet waste
- Food waste
- Garden recycling
- Electrical items
- Builder's waste
- Paint tins
- Hazardous materials
- Clinical waste and needles
As part of our recycling and refuse service, residents can leave out waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) for kerbside collection on alternate weeks.
Place all electricals in a tied clear bag or similar, on top of your refuse bin.
Place used batteries in a clear plastic bag on top of your grey refuse bin.
We cannot collect any items presented in black sacks or charity bags.
Large electrical items can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre on the Cobbs Wood Industrial Estate, or book a bulky item collection by calling 01233 331111.
A-Z of Waste
For more information see our A-Z of Waste page.