Director of Place, Space and Leisure
Provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of strategic objectives across a range of functions and services that include commercial, statutory and support services to the borough of Ashford. Support the Senior Leadership Team in translating the vision for the borough into a direction for the council.
Overall responsibility for:
- Planning & Development (Assistant Director, Simon Cole)
- Environment & Land Management with Sports and Leisure (Vacant Post)
- Housing Services (Assistant Director, Sharon Williams)
Making sure that they are actively supporting the place-making agenda by driving forward strategies and policies that promote great environment through good design and engaged communities, ensuring they are well managed and in accordance with legislation.
Support the growth of the General Fund Housing responsibilities and the delivery of the Housing Revenue Account Business plan.
This post will also be the strategic lead on the environment and carbon neutrality.
Job description and structure chart
- View the Director of of Place, Space and Leisure job description [pdf] 370KB
- View the Place, Space and Leisure structure chart (coming soon).
Salary scales can be found under the salaries section.