Urgent Telephone Weekends: 01233 331111

Home: Ashford Borough Council

Welfare Reform Intervention Officers

Here to help you! 

  • Confused by the introduction of Universal Credit?
  • Struggling to pay your rent or council tax?
  • Have any other debt worries?
  • Affected by the benefit cap or by the under-occupancy charge?
  • Need more information about Personal Independence Payments?
  • Need advice to get back into work?

Do you feel overwhelmed by any of these issues? Are you struggling to deal with them by yourself? We are Tracey and Julie [pdf] 1593KB. We work for Ashford Borough Council as welfare intervention officers. Our job is to support people who need help with welfare reform changes.

We can give you practical advice and refer you to specialist organisations who can help you with specific finance queries or help returning to work.

For those who are experiencing exceptional pressures or a major emergency, help is available in the form of Kent County Council's Support and Assistance Services for home essentials. You can find out more about the service and complete an online application form.

So if you need advice or support – don't delay, contact us today!

The Welfare Partnership Hub

We work out of the partnership Hub, based in International House. The Hub sees several organisations working together in one dedicated place to speed up the transition to Universal Credit of vulnerable individuals and households.

We work with the DWP, Citizen Advice Bureau, KCA, Porchlight, Live it Well and others to provide valuable interventions, referring claimants for further help and advice where needed and at the earliest possible opportunity.

This could be offering employment and training advice, or assisting with personal budgeting. Claimants with several questions and concerns can receive as much help as possible in one place, benefiting from the shared expertise of all of the organisations at the Hub.

Note: Questions marked by * are mandatory