Welfare Reform Intervention Officers
Here to help you!
- Council Tax Advice, including Council Tax Debt Advice
- Help to claim Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit
- Help to claim Discretionary Housing Payments or Council Tax Exceptional Hardship Payments
- General Housing advice, including advice regarding rent arrears
- Referrals for homelessness advice
- General advice around all welfare reform such as the benefit cap, universal credits & other benefit changes
Do you feel overwhelmed by any of these issues? Are you struggling to deal with them by yourself? We are Tracey and Julie [pdf] 1593KB. We work for Ashford Borough Council as welfare intervention officers. Our job is to support people who need help with welfare reform changes.
We can give you practical advice and refer you to specialist organisations who can help you with specific finance queries or help returning to work.
For those who are experiencing exceptional pressures or a major emergency, help is available in the form of Kent County Council's Support and Assistance Services for home essentials. You can find out more about the service and complete an online application form.