A club premises certificate authorises a members' club to carry out licensable activities (supply of alcohol, regulated entertainment) for it's members. There is no requirement for a designated premises supervisor.
A club premises certificate is only for use by qualifying clubs. A number of criteria must be met to be considered a qualifying club. These include:
- persons may not be admitted to membership to any of the privileges of membership without an interval of at least two days between their nomination for membership and their admission
- that the club is established and conducted in good faith as a club
- that the club has at least 25 members
- that alcohol is not supplied to members on the premises otherwise than by or on behalf of the club
If a club wishes to provide licensable activities to the general public, it will have to apply for a premises licence or a temporary event notice.
Download application forms and guidance
- Club premises application form [pdf] 713KB
- Notice of club premises certificate [pdf] 532KB
- Vary club premises application form [pdf] 690KB
- Notice to vary club certificate [pdf] 541KB
- Declaration for Club premises certificate to be granted [pdf] 574KB
- Guidance club premises certificate [pdf] 102KB
- Club change of name or rules form [pdf] 623KB
You can email our Licensing Team.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Kent TN23 1PL