Recycling and Refuse Service
*Please be aware that refuse and recycling collections will continue as normal over the Easter bank holidays*
Ashford has a recycling and refuse collection service for every home in the borough.
Households in the borough receive:
- Weekly food waste collections
- Fortnightly recycling collections
- Fortnightly household refuse collections
- Optional fortnightly garden recycling collection (paid for)
The service will bring Ashford’s recycling performance from 14% to more than 50% by 2014/15 and potentially even higher in the future. The £86 million, ten year waste collection service is run in partnership with Maidstone Borough Council and Swale Borough Council. The new contractor is Biffa Municipal Ltd, who already works with the top recycling authorities in the country.
Do you live in a flat or property with a communal bin store? Click here for information about your service
You can find out everything you need to know about the services right here:
- Can't find your detailed recycling guide? Download a copy (pdf 3MB) available in Polish and Nepalese on request.
Read how our trial families got on with the new service here: What The Residents Say
- Did you know you can also recycle your old textiles and small electricals items from home?
- To report flytipping please complete the following form
The Big Picture
Watch our short film about how the new recycling and refuse collections will work, and see how each container should be used and what happens to your waste.