Recycling and Refuse Service
Click here for the 2013/14 Christmas and New Year collection dates
Ashford has a recycling and refuse collection service for every home in the borough.
Households in the borough receive:
- Weekly food waste collections
- Fortnightly recycling collections
- Fortnightly household refuse collections
- Optional fortnightly garden recycling collection (paid for)
The service will bring Ashford’s recycling performance from 14% to 37% by 2014/15 and potentially even higher in the future. The £86 million, ten year waste collection service is run in partnership with Maidstone Borough Council and Swale Borough Council. The new contractor is Biffa Municipal Ltd, who already works with the top recycling authorities in the country.
You can find out everything you need to know about the services right here:
- Can't find your detailed recycling guide? Download a copy (pdf 3MB) available in Polish and Nepalese on request.
Read how our trial families got on with the new service here: What The Residents Say
Did you know you can also recycle your old textiles and small electricals items from home?
- Call our special 24 hour automated self-service hotline on: 01233 330706
The Big Picture
Watch our short film about how the new recycling and refuse collections will work, and see how each container should be used and what happens to your waste.