Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111


One-off market events

Should you be arranging a one-off market on or beside the highway (i.e. Christmas Market) then you will likely require a street trading consent.

In such a case the event organiser can apply for a consent to operate an agreed number of stalls. The cost of this consent is variable depending on the number of stalls planned as part of your event.

Please contact Licensing for more information.

Ashford Town Market

Ashford Borough Council only operate one market, which is Ashford Town Market in the Lower High Street. The market is open every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday between 9am-3pm.

You’ll need a street trading licence if you want to trade on market days at Ashford Town Market (Lower High Street), and will need to pay a pitch fee which is dependent on the size required.

We often receive market enquiries by traders who have never visited Ashford or the market, and as such, prior to submitting an application we strongly recommend visiting the market and speaking with current traders if you are considering applying for a licence and pitch. Should after visiting you wish to proceed, then applications for Ashford Town Market can be made using the application for a street trading licence for Ashford town centre [pdf] 289KB.

Ashford Town Market Licence Fees
Licence Fee Fee from 01 April 2023
New £83.00 £96.00
Renewal £83.00 £96.00


In addition you will be asked to set up a monthly direct debit for your pitch fees before you start trading, which currently stands at £1.10 per foot of stall frontage.

Contact us

Email the licensing team.

Also in this section