Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111

Gambling Premises Licence

Any premises that wants to offer onsite gambling will need a premises licence issued under the Gambling Act 2005.

A premises licence is required for the following types of premises:

Bingo hall
Betting shop
Betting (track) – this includes all sporting venues not just tracks
Amusement arcade (for adults only, or where adult machines are provided)
In addition to a premises licence, you’ll also need an operator’s licence. You may require a personal licence too, but there are some exemptions for small operators. You’ll need to apply to the Gambling Commission for an operator or personal licence. 

See our Gambling Act Responsible Authorities page


See our Gambling Act 2005 Licensing Fees page.

Application forms


Privacy notice

Contact us

Please email the Licensing team.