Applications for the capital grants scheme have been suspended until further notice.
Funding available up to £10,000.
How to apply
You can apply for a Capital Grant online using our online application form.
You will be taken to a login screen, here you can register if you haven't used the service before or login if already registered.
Please be aware that before you start you will need the following information, some of which you will need to upload directly onto this form.
- Detailed information relating to the project and costs
- Bank Statements
- Annual Accounts (copy of last end year)
- Constitution/Trust Deed/Articles of Association (N/A if PC)
- Current Insurance Certificate & Schedules
- Health & Safety Policy
- Risk Assessment(s)
- Safeguarding Policy
Please save your form as you work through it, this way if you need to step away from your computer, you can rest assured that your form is saved, you can access your draft form again at anytime by login back into the portal and going to the "draft service requests" section. Once you submit the form, it can be found in the "Service requests" section.
This form must be completed a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the project start date.
Applications of £1,000 and under can be submitted at any time. We will inform you of our decision within 4 weeks of receipt of your fully and properly completed application.
For applications over £1,000, there are three application deadlines per year, closing on 31 January, 31 May, and 30 September.
A community grants panel will meet to consider eligible applications over £1,000 three times per year in March, July and November. You will be required to attend the grants panel to discuss your project.
Applications received for the 31 January deadline will be considered by the panel at its meeting in March. Applications received for the 31 May deadline will be considered by the grants panel at its meeting in July. Applications received for the 30 September deadline will be considered by the grant panel at its meeting in November.
We will notify you of the decision of the community grant panel within two days of its meeting.
Assessment & Decisions
Community Grants funding is always subject to the council's budget position. We may be unable to fund every eligible application. We will assess your application according to the stated timescales, criteria and priorities for the relevant funding stream, and on the extent to which you are delivering:
- Our funding priorities [docx] 13KB
- Direct benefits to users and wider social and economic benefits
- Value for money
- A quality service for local people
Additional Capital Grant Criteria
- Capital costs only e.g. buildings, equipment (no signage)
- Adherence to designated areas of priority
- Grant equals no more than 50% of total project costs
- Clear funding plan for remaining 50%
- If fund is over subscribed, limit of one application up to £1,000 and one application over £1,000 from any one organisation in a three year financial period
- Not for projects already started or completed, or to replace funds already spent
- Not for projects relating to mainstream public services e.g. health, education provision; or for core purposes of the church e.g. religious instruction
- Provision of project supporting statement from Parish Council, if appropriate
If your application is successful we will send you an Offer of Funding, which sets out the purpose of the funding, the period of the arrangement, any performance measures, monitoring and review requirements, and the evidence of spend we require (Project Monitoring).
In signing your Offer of Funding you accept our standard Terms and Conditions of Funding and any additional conditions stated in the offer.
Who to contact for help
Funding and Partnerships Officer
Telephone 01233 330485
Ashford Borough Council is required by law to safeguard children and to protect public funds. We may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of criminal activity and fraud. We may also share this information with those bodies responsible for auditing or administering funds for these purposes.