Private Sector Grants

Grants available to repair and improve your properties

Currently Ashford Borough Council (ABC) only provides the Landlord Accreditation Energy Grant.

Landlord accreditation energy grant

On joining the Landlord Accreditation Scheme, landlords gain access to an ABC Energy Efficiency Grant for certain energy improvements, including replacement of existing gas boilers up to £2,000. All applications will be subject to funding available.

Energy efficiency schemes and advice

For energy efficiency advice and possible schemes in your area visit the Energy Savings Trust or ring the advice centre on 0800 512012 for further details.

Kent County Council run a Kent and Medway Warm Homes campaign. For more information visit

The Energy Companies Obligation (ECO)

For possible assistance with boiler replacements or solid wall and loft insulation visit

The local authority offers a comprehensive help and advice service in respect of home improvements generally. It also supports the Home Improvement Agency (Peabody South East Ltd), which assists older, vulnerable and disabled owner-occupiers to undertake improvements, repairs and adaptations. This enables them to remain in their own homes in comfort, safety and maintain their independence.

For more information visit Peabody Home Improvement Agency

ECO Flexible Eligibility

The ECO Flexible Eligibility Report sets out the additional eligibility criteria under the Local Authority Flexible Eligibility part of the Energy Company Obligation Scheme.

Read our ECO Flexible Eligibility Statement of Intent page for more information.

For further information please email the private sector housing team or contact Julian Watts, Senior Environmental Health Officer, Private Sector Housing on 01233 330806.

Page 2 of 2