Senior Planning and Development Lawyer
Are you looking for your next challenge in Planning law?
We are offering a Remuneration package which includes the following: Salary up to £54,615 pa, plus lease car allowance of £3,050 pa, plus enhance payment of 10% of starting salary
Ashford Borough Council is looking to recruit a Senior Planning & Development Lawyer as soon as possible. This is an exciting new permanent role for a Planning Lawyer looking to further their career in the public sector, and would provide an excellent opportunity to move into more senior-level work. The council is working on a plethora of interesting and challenging developments, ranging from innovative council-funded projects and nationally-significant infrastructure schemes to major developments including the South of Ashford Garden Community. The quality of work available is exceptional, and the successful candidate will be involved in major projects from the outset. If you are looking to join a local authority offering interesting work, based in a highly attractive part of the country with excellent connections to London and the coast and the Continent, this could be the role for you.
The successful candidate will need to be a qualified, practising Solicitor/Barrister/CILEX. Official duties listed in the job description include:
- Provide a specialist legal service to the council’s planning and development service,
- Advise on infrastructure funding and spatial planning,
- Draft and negotiate complex S.106 agreements for complex major and strategic developments,
- Act as the legal representative at Local Plan examinations, public inquiries and appeals,
- Attend and advise planning committee meetings on a rota basis,
- Advise on and prepare planning-related cases for Court, Public Inquiry and appeal hearings and instruct Counsel, and personally attend Court, Public Inquiries and Hearings as required as advocate or with Counsel as appropriate.
The Council is seeking candidates with a drive to deliver the best possible legal service, and a sound knowledge of planning law. This would be an excellent role for someone looking to take on major development work and join a collegiate, friendly work environment in the council’s Legal Service.
The council also offers the following:
- An enhanced recruitment payment of 10% of starting salary.
- If relevant, a relocation package on joining.
- Hybrid working - the council is committed to offering a long-term flexible working arrangement to attract and retain staff.
- Free car parking at the council’s civic centre offices.
For an informal discussion about the role and more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01233 330205
Please send your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com.