Port Health Job Vacancies
We are recruiting Port Health roles!
A Border Control facility has been set up in Ashford on the Sevington site, near junction 10A of the M20. This site provides the imported food checks to ensure that goods comply with the statutory duties to safeguard public health
Who are we looking for?
We are recruiting staff to conduct Official Controls – and be responsible for carrying out checks on imports of products of animal origin and high risk food not of animal origin in order to ensure that only products that are safe to eat enter the food chain and protect against bio security threats.
We are looking for individuals who:
- are proactive and enjoys a challenge and who can take ownership of their own work area.
- are career-minded and enthusiastic about their work.
- have excellent communication skills.
- have good interpersonal skills and is supportive of team members
- are able to prioritise a busy work load and capable of working independently or as a team.
- are adaptable and dependable.
As employees of Ashford Borough Council you will have the opportunity to work with other environmental health professionals across the organisation to broaden your experience.
The roles: - are advertised on our jobs page of our website and can be found in the links below.
All roles attract a 14% shift allowance
We offer a competitive remuneration package, an excellent salary linked pension scheme, generous annual leave, free life insurance, supportive relocation package and opportunities for training and development.
To view a job description and to apply please visit our jobs page.
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces Community.