Appeal A PCN (Parking Ticket)
If you believe your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) should not be paid, you can challenge it. Contact us as soon as possible if you wish to challenge a Penalty Charge Notice. You may wish to review our policy guidance below.
Through the online link below, you will be able to view the photographs taken by the Civil Enforcement Officer.
You can also attach evidence and photos to support the basis of your challenge.
Civil Enforcement Officers are instructed to activate their Body Worn Video Camera on every occasion that a Penalty Charge Notice is issued. The footage is often reviewed by the Parking Services Appeals and Representation team in the event that an appeal is made against the issue of a PCN.
Please do not pay the PCN if you wish to submit a challenge.
What happens to a PCN?
Please refer to your Penalty Charge Notice or our letters for details.
More information on the progression of a PCN can be found on the PATROL (Parking and Traffic Regulations Outside London Adjudication Joint Committee) website.
Each case is different, so each challenge will be considered individually. The following guidance represents a basis for applying fairness and discretion in the enforcement and cancellation of a PCN.
Penalty Charge Notice Appeal Guidelines for Kent:
- Kent Appeals On Street Parking [pdf] 191KB
- Kent Appeals Off Street Parking [pdf] 164KB
- Try to give as much necessary detail in your challenge and use evidence. Please remove any personal details that are not related to the PCN.
- Do not ignore PCNs, cases will progress and costs will increase over time
- Do not contact us by phone about a PCN. All communication should be made in writing.