Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111

Sexual Entertainment Venues

We have a policy for sex cinemas, sex shops and sex entertainment venues [pdf] 309KB which was adopted by council on the 29 February 2024.

How to apply for a Sexual Entertainment Venues licence

Email the licensing team to apply for a sexual entertainments venue licence.

Advertisement of application

Applicants for a Sexual Entertainments Venue licence must give public notice of the application by publishing an advertisement in a local newspaper that is circulated in the borough of Ashford, no later than seven days after the date the application is made.

Where the application relates to a premises, a notice must also be displayed on or near the premises in a place where it can be conveniently read by members of the public. The notice must be displayed for a period of 21 days beginning on the day the application is made using the above Public Notice.

Most sexual entertainment venues will require a Premises licence or Club Premises Certificate granted under the Licensing Act 2003. They will also need a Sexual Entertainment Venues licence in order to sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, and provide late night refreshment.

Email the licensing team to request a form for public notice of the application.

Sexual Entertainment Venue Licence Fees

Licence type Fee








Contact us

Email the licensing team

Page 5 of 5