Mobile Food Traders (and similar)
Hawker's consent (e.g. ice cream van, sandwich round van, etc.)
If you want to trade at various locations in the borough, for no longer than 20 minutes at a time, then you’ll need a hawker’s licence.
The fee for a new hawker's application [pdf] 374KB is £96.00.
Short term static consents (e.g. fish and chip van serving a rural village)
If you want to trade at the same location, up to twice a week but for less than four hours a day.
You'll need a separate street trading consent for each location you trade in. This type of consent does not usually require planning permission, but if it's on private property you will require the permission of the landowner.
- The fee for a short term static application for a new site [pdf] 254KB is £135.00 plus £35.00 per site afterwards (when submitted at the same time). We will undertake a 28 day consultation process to consider the impact of the application on the local area.
- The fee for a short term static application for an existing site [pdf] 274KB costs £96.00.
- The fee for renewal applications is £96.00.
Static consent (e.g. a roadside refreshment van)
If you want to trade at the same location more than twice a week and/or for more than four hours a day then you’ll need a static consent.
You will require planning permission for this type of licence to be granted. This will need to be supplied on your application for a consent, along with evidence of the permission of the landowner.
- The fee for a static consent application for a new site [pdf] 254KB is £135.00.
- The fee for renewal or existing site applications is £96.00.
Whilst we cannot assist you to find a pitch from which to trade, we do operate the following roadside pitches, which can be taken up as and when they become available. In addition to the application fee, you will be asked to setup a direct debit for the ongoing monthly fee(s).
|A28 Furners Wood (Tenterden bound)||Currently occupied|
|A28 Great Chart (Tenterden bound)||Currently occupied|
|A20 Hothfield (Maidstone bound)||Currently occupied|
|A28 Chilham (Ashford bound)||Currently occupied|
Please note that we do not operate a waiting list for these sites.