At 11pm on 31 December 2020, the Brexit transition period ended and new rules came into place for UK businesses. A number of business organisations have provided information and advice that can help businesses with the new regulations.
The UK government website provides the most up to date information on Brexit, with specific advice on a 'no deal' situation, business guidance and much more.
- Main Brexit hub for residents and businesses
- Import guidance
- Export guidance
- Haulier and lorry driver guidance
- Food and drink business guidance
This service may incur charges and provides assistance with making customs or export declarations.
You can contact the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce by calling 01233 503838 or email email@example.com.
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has advice for businesses that transfer personal data overseas.
The government have released guidance that explains what goods vehicle operators need to do to carry out international road haulage from 1 January 2021. This includes:
- Carrying the right operator licence
- Having the right permits
- Registering your vehicle trailers to take them abroad
- Applying for a keeper's certificate for an abnormal load trailer
- Carrying your vehicle registration documents
- Using the 'Check an HGV is ready to cross the border' service, which will also allow you to apply for a Kent Access Permit. This service will be operational by December
- Displaying a GB sticker
- Contacting your insurer for Green Cards at least six weeks before they're needed
- Checking what happens if your vehicle is involved in an accident
- Checking what your drivers need to do to drive in the EU professionally
The Department for Transport is opening an advice site at the Ashford International Truck Stop, Waterbrook Ave, Ashford TN24 0GB, that hauliers and drivers of heavy goods vehicles can visit for in-person advice on:
- new rules and documents needed to move goods between the UK and EU from 1 January 2021
- how to prepare for the changes
- how to use the new Check an HGV service