Urgent Telephone 4pm - 8.30am : 01233 331111


About Licensing

This is the Licensing section of Ashford Borough Council’s website. On these pages you can apply to licence various businesses and activities that are administered by the council.

Taxi drivers and companies can apply for, or renew, licences for drivers or vehicles.

Hospitality venues can apply for a premises licence while staff can apply for a personal licence.

If you’re looking to host an event, you can apply for a Temporary Event Notice. You can also use this section to find out how to hire display areas in Ashford or Tenterden town centres.

Charities can apply for various licences required for different types of fundraising.

Street traders, including food mobiles and market stall traders can apply for vacant pitches in the borough.

Betting companies and casinos can apply for a gambling premises licence. Businesses that sell alcohol can also licence any fruit machines they have on site.

We also provide licensing for the following:

You can also view the licences that we have recently issued.