If you want to sell alcohol you need to have a licence.

A temporary event notice can be used for a one off occasion, such as having a pay bar at a wedding.

If you want to sell alcohol on more than 12 occasions each year, or for more than 21 days a year, you will need a premises licence.

Problem with a premises?

Counter-terrorism security advice to those who own, operate, manage or work in bars, pubs and nightclubs

The raise the bar leaflet [pdf] 195KB offers advice on security offers advice to protect bars and nightclubs and includes information about carrying out security checks, installing and monitoring CCTV and reporting suspicious activity.

Contact us

Email the Licensing team or telephone 01233 331111.