Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
The SCI (2020) was adopted at a meeting of full council on 5 March 2020 and provides details of how the planning department will consult with the public on most planning matters. The SCI sets out how we consult during the plan-making process and also when we receive planning applications.
The planning department is committed to ensuring that everyone is able to comment on plans that may have an impact on them. To do this we propose to:
- Seek people's views as early as possible
- Have consultations available online and in hard copy
- Involve all members of the community regardless of gender, faith, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, age, social deprivation or rural isolation
- Keep people informed of future stages of consultation
- Produce clear, concise documents and avoid jargon where possible
- Hold public exhibitions or workshops where appropriate
The document below details how we intend to achieve these objectives, who we plan to consult with, and how we will do it.
Download the Statement of Community Involvement 2020 [pdf] 1147KB
Public consultations online portal
A consultation portal has been launched which will enable residents, businesses and others to have their say on key planning issues and future developments in Ashford.
View open consultations and register on the Consultation Portal.