Ashford Display Areas
To support small local businesses recovering from the economic impact of COVID-19, we have reduced our fee to those businesses to a flat rate of £40.00 for any block booking between 1-7 days. Initially bookings will be limited to two occasions per business in order to allow others to take the opportunity to book the display space.
There are two display areas available for hire in Ashford town centre. We do receive requests for vehicles to utilise the display spaces as part of the promotion. Please ensure that the vehicle will fit prior to booking. If you would like to check this in advance, please email the licensing team.
Upper High Street
- Adjacent to TN24 8SE
- The area is available to hire seven days per week
- 10m x 10m* narrowing to 7.5m (*obstruction with lighting column in centre of this area, hence small trailers/displays only)
- Power available through 3 x 16 amp commando sockets from bandstand platform
- Small trailers, branded gazebos, or similar
- No vehicles are allowed to display in this area
- Brick built bandstand with canopy cover
Lower High Street
- Adjacent to TN24 8TD map [pdf] 665KB
- 7.5m x 32m
- Power available through 2 x 16 amp commando sockets (accessed via box on the side of fountain power unit casing)
- Vehicles/trailers accepted – available Sunday, Monday, Wednesday (non-market days)
- Access to the town is via Bank Street
- The town centre is pedestrianised between 10.30am-5pm Monday to Friday and between 8am-6pm on Saturdays. There are no restrictions on a Sunday
Trailers can be off loaded on a Sunday evening, providing you have your own security arrangements in place.
There is access for vehicles to load and unload only, which can be made by prior arrangement. If you’d like to keep your vehicle in the lower High Street then you can apply for a vehicle waiver, which will cost £30. Trailers do not need a waiver.
Please email the Licensing team if you’d like to hire a town centre display area. Bookings for the following year can be taken from 1 September.
Once you've checked availability with us, please complete an application to hire town centre display areas [pdf] 86KB. Your booking will be confirmed once we have the application form, public liability insurance, risk assessment, and correct fee. Please submit these as soon as possible; your booking will not be confirmed until we have these.
- £205 per Saturday. Please note that this will increase to £238 from 01 April 2023
- £156 per week day and Sunday. Please note that this will increase to £181 from 01 April 2023
- £524 for four consecutive days excluding Saturday. Please note this will increase to £624 from 01 April 2023
- £630 for five consecutive days excluding Saturday. Please note this will increase to £755 from 01 April 2023
- £736 for six consecutive days excluding Saturday. Please note this will increase to £886 from 01 April 2023
- Or, for small local businesses, £40 for a 1-7 day block flat fee. Please note that this will increase to £47 from 01 April 2023
Registered charities, community groups and political parties
- No fee - Charities, community groups and political parties
- £40 - Professional commercial fundraisers on behalf of charities. Please note that this will increase to £47 from 01 April 2023
Please note that a distributing free literature permit is required to hand out printed material.