Ashford Display Areas
There are two display areas available for hire in Ashford town centre. We do receive requests for vehicles to utilise the display spaces, as part of the promotion. Please ensure that the vehicle will fit prior to booking. If you would like to check this in advance, please email the licensing team.
Upper High Street
- Adjacent to TN24 8SE
- The area is available to hire seven days per week
- 10m x 10m* narrowing to 7.5m (*obstruction with lighting column in centre of this area, hence small trailers/displays only)
- Power available through 3 x 16 amp commando sockets from bandstand platform
- Small trailers, branded gazebos, or similar
- No vehicles are allowed to display in this area
- Brick built bandstand with canopy cover
Lower High Street
- Adjacent to TN24 8TD map [pdf] 665KB
- 7.5m x 32m
- Power available through 2 x 16 amp commando sockets (accessed via box on the side of fountain power unit casing)
- Vehicles/trailers accepted – available Sunday, Monday, Wednesday (non-market days)
- Access to the town is via Bank Street
- The town centre is pedestrianised between 10.30am-5pm Monday to Friday and between 8am-6pm on Saturdays. There are no restrictions on a Sunday
Trailers can be off loaded on a Sunday evening, providing you have your own security arrangements in place.
There is access for vehicles to load and unload only, which can be made by prior arrangement. If you’d like to keep your vehicle in the lower High Street then you can apply for a vehicle waiver, which will cost £30. Trailers do not need a waiver.
Please get in touch with the Licensing team if you’d like to hire a town centre display area. Bookings for the following year can be taken from 1 September.
Once you have checked availability with the licensing team, you can complete an application to hire town centre display areas [pdf] 86KB. Your booking will be confirmed once we have the application form, public liability insurance, risk assessment and the correct fee. Please submit these as soon as possible – your booking will not be confirmed until we have these.
- £205 per Saturday
- £156 per week day and Sunday
- £524 for four consecutive days excluding Saturday
- £630 for five consecutive days excluding Saturday
- £736 for six consecutive days excluding Saturday
Small local business
- £52 per weekday and Sunday
- £78 per Saturday
- Registered charity/community group or political parties – no charge
Please note that a distributing free literature permit is required to hand out printed material.